No Line On The Horizon: uptempo rocker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just a placeholder page. There is no file. Also, Last.FM pages for nonexistant songs can show up simply because members are playing files labeled as those songs. If people are playing a crappy beach clip labelled as 'No Line on the Horizon', Last.FM has no way of knowing that it's not a REAL song, and will list it as a song, just because people are playing it.

Look at it this way: The Interferers, and all of our songs, have Last.FM pages. That doesn't mean we have a record coming out, or that you can listen to our songs on the site.

The Interferers – Music at Last.fm

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that beach clip 402 from 2006 ALSO has a Last.FM page... that doesn't mean it's in any way official (or that you can listen to it on the site) :

http://www.last.fm/music/U2/_/DSCN0402

Also, purpleoscar, your username enthralls me. Is your name Oscar? Are you referring to an Academy Award? Or questioning whether Oscar the Grouch would be more cheerful if he were purple? Or is it completely random :lol:

Also, purpleoscar, your username enthralls me. Is your name Oscar? Are you referring to an Academy Award? Or questioning whether Oscar the Grouch would be more cheerful if he were purple? Or is it completely random :lol:

My favorite colour is purple and my favorite cat is Oscar. He's called Oscar because he's was kind of grouchie cat. Sesame street was popular when I was a kid and my cat grew up with me during that time. It's hard to find names for community boards so nostalgia can help :cute:

I take it that you like Madonna from your avatar and the song Zooropa, meaning you like artists that change styles and don't get into a rut. Am I right?

I must be a guy if I like seeing your posts :love:. There's something about cleavage and a woman spreading her legs that creates a distraction for me.

My favorite colour is purple and my favorite cat is Oscar. He's called Oscar because he's was kind of grouchie cat. Sesame street was popular when I was a kid and my cat grew up with me during that time. It's hard to find names for community boards so nostalgia can help :cute:

I take it that you like Madonna from your avatar and the song Zooropa, meaning you like artists that change styles and don't get into a rut. Am I right?

I must be a guy if I like seeing your posts :love:. There's something about cleavage and a woman spreading her legs that creates a distraction for me.
Weeeell, I think I can deal with a rut as long as I like the rut :lol: But I do like change, yes.

And I'm female, but I certainly like looking at my own av and sig :giggle: Who wouldn't?

Weeeell, I think I can deal with a rut as long as I like the rut :lol: But I do like change, yes.

From the sound of those clips I can already hear a change. It's like Bono's voice has gone psychedelic, Edge's guitar into different territory. Of course those sound clips are limited at best.

The other youtube sound clips I'm not sure are real. The 4th one sounds like U2 ingesting substances and playing at the same time. The finished work is going to be much more polished.

I took some rest at "the beach" last week-end and...
i have an extremely strong feeling that NLOTH is basicaly the "greentea clip" sequence along with Bono singing some "noooooooooo line ...." kinda chorus
they played it several times last friday

and before you ask, no i did not make any beachclip

I took some rest at "the beach" last week-end and...
i have an extremely strong feeling that NLOTH is basicaly the "greentea clip" sequence along with Bono singing some "noooooooooo line ...." kinda chorus
they played it several times last friday

and before you ask, no i did not make any beachclip

What else did you hear? What did it all sound like?

we heard the greentea song 2 times, the bass line is exactly the same as that clip on u2dotcom...i clearly heard the "No Line" words sung pretty highly maybe as coda at the end of the song, the guitar was not enough listenable for i can rate the song

i would say that greentea/no line thing is quite catchy so i bet for a sure single,
some Eze people told us that they play it all the time

We listened to some kind of ballad but the sound was too low and too muffled by ambiant noise to understand anything

Edge & Bono showed up once at the balcony and Paul Mc Guinness was said to be at the house as well, for brainstorming with the rest of the band minus larry

we didn't come back at the beach on saturday nor sunday because swimming was forbiden for some toxic algae pollution all along the coast from Monaco to Nice

i would say that greentea/no line thing is quite catchy so i bet for a sure single,
some Eze people told us that they play it all the time

:hmm:

This might seem dumb, but seriously, I'm seeing this word "catchy" a lot to describe some of the new U2 material...and I'm not sure if that's good or bad....can someone help me out? For example...would you consider Streets a "catchy" song? Or WOWY, or WGRYWH, or Acrobat....thanks

well, i knew i shouldn't use the term catchy lol
i mean that it makes you "head shaking" immediatly when you listen to it

that said it seems a bit more complex than Vertigo for exemple
it sounded as there was some mighty guitar effect hidden in the background
but the immediate thing we heard from the beach, was the tricky rythm

well, i knew i shouldn't use the term catchy lol
i mean that it makes you "head shaking" immediatly when you listen to it

that said it seems a bit more complex than Vertigo for exemple
it sounded as there was some mighty guitar effect hidden in the background
but the immediate thing we heard from the beach, was the tricky rythm

ah...alright. So did it seem poppy to you?

ah...alright. So did it seem poppy to you?

Define "poppy." "Pop" has gotten a bad rap. It doesn't have to be Britney Spears. Outside of their really trippy stuff, the Beatles were a "pop band." 4/5 of the U2 catalog is "pop." :shrug:

Define "poppy." "Pop" has gotten a bad rap. It doesn't have to be Britney Spears. Outside of their really trippy stuff, the Beatles were a "pop band." 4/5 of the U2 catalog is "pop." :shrug:

I guess...what I mean is, Britney Spears, etc...I'm sure if there is some sort of departure for U2 this time, it won't fall into this category...:shrug:

Yes, because U2 have sounded like Britney Spears so many times, all right.

:huh:

who said they did? LU, you're missing the point....Obviously they don't sound like Britney Spears....I just mentioned Britney Spears to clarify the type of "poppy" music that I was talking about, hence the word "category" in my previous post

why would U2 start sounding like britney spears now? confused as well.

did you mean "Catchy" by "poppy?" :wink:

I was in Adam's car with InBloom74 listening to a preview of the album and Adam described it as catch-pop from the defunct planet of pluto.

Back
Top Bottom