NLOTH2 vs. NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which version do you prefer?

• Total voters
I'm not too fond of the shouting of NO! NO LINE! at the end of NLOTH v2. It reminds me a bit of the boomcha shouts from Discotheque.

Maybe if they'd mixed both versions together? I like Larry and Adam much more on 2, and Bono's vocals are much better also. I also love the speed, but agree it still needed some polishing, what with the one verse of just mumbles. Hell, I even like the Edge more on 2.

NLOTH2 would have began the album on a slightly brighter note, I think. Oh well.

Maybe U2 could do us all a favor and stop putting out 2 different versions of the same song then I wouldn't have my firends saying things like "you mean the screen on my satellite radio that said U2-No Line On The Horizon is not the version that is on the upcoming album"..........and I'm like "well you see,they have two versions of the same song"

you see my point

NLOTH 2 sounds like a band is playing the song....which last time I looked U2 was still a band :D

I can only hope the 2nd version is what they model their live performance after

I'm not sure if this fits in the thread, but has anyone else noticed this in the album version of NLOTH? I'm no musician, but it seems that the guitar starting at 1:14 is an exact clone of The Fly... maybe someone else can confirm?

hi lads

can someone send me the link for downloading or listening NLOTH 2

i will remove album version for this one

I think NLOTH is a better album opener, but NLOTH 2 is a better standalone, single sort of track if that makes sense.

Album version for me. Though the ending is slightly stronger in NLOTH 2.

I'm not sure if this fits in the thread, but has anyone else noticed this in the album version of NLOTH? I'm no musician, but it seems that the guitar starting at 1:14 is an exact clone of The Fly... maybe someone else can confirm?

:up:

The Elevation Tour live version?

the atmosphere on the album version is amazing in the beginning it sounds like the sea - also bono is yelling more which is good

I like the intro to NLOTH2
I like the actual song part of NLOTH
I like the "NO! LINE!" of NLOTH2

If they combined them all, It would be perfect :hyper: but I picked the album version.

Back
Top Bottom