NLOTH Pre-Order Available On iTUNES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
breaking news ... New zealand fans have hacked the itunes listing and informed atu2.com that the bonus tracks are "the rainbow connection" and "just a spoonful of sugar"

If only...I'm on the New Zealand iTunes site now and there's not even a listing for NLOTH. Quite frankly I'd be happy to hear Bono belting out The Rainbow Connection just to tide me over till the album comes out.

So, will GOYB still be available for purchase on Monday?

Still no proof.

With GOYB being black on the NLOTH pre-order (rather than grey for the rest of the songs) we suspect the song will be available once the pre-order is available - but that may not be this week.

(the pre-order is not live yet and it's not linked to U2 yet. Searching for GOYB does not reveal the song or the NLOTH pre-order)

So this isn't really looking good for an iTunes release of GOYB on Monday, is it?

I thought U2.com said the single wont be available until Feb. 15th or something to that effect.

I thought U2.com said the single wont be available until Feb. 15th or something to that effect.

Yeah, I guess the confusion is over whether or not that date refers only the physical single, or also to the digital single (iTunes). It makes no sense to have thousands of people trading radio rips when they could make money while we listen to a clean 256kb version.

U2.com said there will be a digital release on 15/02, followed by a physical release on 16/02.

Of course, the important words here are "U2.com said".

This is from Alan Cross' Music Blog:

The first single "Get On Your Boots" is scheduled to simultaneously go to iTunes and radio on Monday January 19th. (currently scheduled for 3:10am EST).

iTunes will have the digital download exclusive for "Get On Your Boots" for the first 24 hours. For iTunes the single will be available both as an individual download, and as an instant grat track for album pre-order (both regular and deluxe version).

Deluxe iTunes version will include Anton Corbijn's "Linear" film, and a digital collector's magazine. When you pre-order the album, you get the single immediately and get access to bonus music not available elsewhere. (details tbc)

The track is scheduled to be released physically on February 16th. Formats to include a CD maxi, CD 2 track in wallet, and CD 2 track in card case. (details tbc).

I'm in Omaha, NE good old US of A.

My iTunes shows NLOTH as Pre-Order for $9.99 -- GYBO is Black, to me this means the song will be available very soon. All other songs listed in grey text -- no preview on GYBO.

The tracklisting shows an ITunes exclusive and a Pre-Order only which suggests to me that you get the extra track if you go the pre-order route.

A local FM station, not sure which conglomerate owns them, advertised that GYBO would be debuting Monday and they have been building it up --- 98.5 for those Blue Crackheads in Omaha.

Lastly -- iTunes cover art does not show the goofy (IMO) equals sign on the cover and no text either. Just the picture. I"m hitting pre-order just for giggles!

That's all i got -- I hope U2 plays GYBO at the inaugureation concert tomorrow -- what a way to kick it all off!

OK -- so I try it, and it says now that I can't pre-order that the pre-order is no longer available -- goofy Fn deal on iTunes-- I'll try again tomorrw

NLOTH on Itunes !!

This was on:U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Pix, U2 lyrics, U2 Collectors Guide and more!

NEW @U2 NLOTH ON ITUNES
January 18, 2009
posted by: m2
A sneak peek at the listing for U2's new album on iTunes offers up some interesting details. It looks like "Get On Your Boots" will be an immediate download if you pre-order the album, and there are two bonus tracks listed, too -- one described as an iTunes Exclusive and the other says Pre-Order Only. The album page doesn't appear under the U2 catalog yet, but you can click this link to access it. Or you can see a screenshot in our Flickr account. We're guessing the pre-orders will be available on Tuesday. "dwaltman" discovered this and posted in our forum.

there is nothing at all on i-tunes UK for U2, NLOH or GOYB- more concerned that my computer will keel over on me and I wont be able to hear it at all (seems to be on its last legs)

I buy most of my music off Itunes, so I have no problem with preordering it. It's in Itunes plus, too, which means it's excellent quality.

Not trying to be mean, but can't you see that there are already two threads about itunes on the first page? We've been discussing the itunes pre-order now for more than 24 hours.

Why in the world would you start a new thread and with exclamation points as if it's some breaking news??

Not trying to be mean, but can't you see that there are already two threads about itunes on the first page? We've been discussing the itunes pre-order now for more than 24 hours.

Why in the world would you start a new thread and with exclamation points as if it's some breaking news??

Ouch. Before you show any excitement, make sure you study EVERY thread on interference....!!!!

Like I said there are TWO threads on this same topic on the FIRST page. No need to study every thread on interference. Why can't the excitement be shown on one of those instead of starting an entire new topic?

if they only release it in the US, they'll only lose sales. So personally U2 can choose between me paying or me downloading for free. I'm not waiting a month to have a copy of the song and I'd say most people here won't either.

In other words...I really hope this shows up outside of the US itunes :wink:

so do you all think that the one bonus track that says "Pre-Order Only" will be available tomorrow as well?

Back
Top Bottom