NLOTH Pre-Order Available On iTUNES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is anyone going to pre-order the album from itunes on Monday. I'm thinking about it just to get the bonus track only available when you pre-order.

Is anyone going to pre-order the album from itunes on Monday. I'm thinking about it just to get the bonus track only available when you pre-order.

yeah, i'm going to. i'll download the film when it comes out, and then probably buy the box set on Ebay down the road.

A huge thumbs down for all these scattered bonus tracks. Now I have to pre-order (and pay for) a digital download of all things to get an extra track? Bulls**t.

A huge thumbs down for all these scattered bonus tracks. Now I have to pre-order (and pay for) a digital download of all things to get an extra track? Bulls**t.

it's ok. calm down. you only have to buy one version, and i'm sure someone will be willing to email you the other tracks.

it's ok. calm down. you only have to buy one version, and i'm sure someone will be willing to email you the other tracks.

Being a bit of a sound quality freak, downgraded mp3 files via email usually don't cut it for me, especially when it comes to U2.

Strangely iTunes seem to have just made their own album cover up to fit on their site - their image isn't even the same shape as the official cover, square instead of rectangular...
Still the fact the box-set has no lines on it's image suggests there will be variations on the theme...

Does it say that the pre-order only and itunes exclusive tracks are "album-only," or can you buy both of them separately?

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know how it works to determine which iTunes store you buy from? I've been on the Canadian one because my billing address is there, but now I live in the UK. :hmm:

Being a bit of a sound quality freak, downgraded mp3 files via email usually don't cut it for me, especially when it comes to U2.

Emailing mp3 files doesn't degrade them. If the original iTunes tracks are sent, they will be identical.

Emailing mp3 files doesn't degrade them. If the original iTunes tracks are sent, they will be identical.

I don't think he meant emailing mp3's degrades them...just that mp3's are degraded inherently, compared to FLAC or SHN or WAV (uncompressed and lossless), which are usually too big to email.

I don't think he meant emailing mp3's degrades them...just that mp3's are degraded inherently, compared to FLAC or SHN or WAV (uncompressed and lossless), which are usually too big to email.

Well you won't get that from iTunes, so if the songs are itunes only, there won't be a difference between what you get on itunes and what you're emailed

I keep searching for it on the mobile iTunes store but no luck ... Guess I'll have to wait till Monday.

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know how it works to determine which iTunes store you buy from? I've been on the Canadian one because my billing address is there, but now I live in the UK. :hmm:

It is based on your billing address. If you pay with a credit card and the billing address is in Canada, you have to use the Canadian iTunes store.

If you use iTunes gift cards, however, you can use any billing address you want, so you could set up a separate UK account and just buy gift cards at a local shop. The gift cards are country specific, though.

I believe iTunes uses billing info, but there is a chance they also do IP filtering. If that's the case, your options are a proxy server or a trustworthy friend in Canada who you would allow access to your account information.

I'm hoping that the 2 bonus tracks are Every Breaking Wave and Tripoli.

breaking news ... New zealand fans have hacked the itunes listing and informed atu2.com that the bonus tracks are "the rainbow connection" and "just a spoonful of sugar"

iTunes determines where you are based on your billing info. I live in Mexico but I am able to order from the US store using a US billing address. Unfortunately I tried to preorder this but got an error. I see the listing, but after I click preorder it just says "The item you tried to buy is no longer available".

Back
Top Bottom