NLOTH lossless has leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm downloading all versions off the album and buying 4 copies of the cd.

cartman.jpg

Whats wrong with the record industry is that they are seemingly unwilling to change with the times, thats just bad business, and that could be there downfall.

You completely missed my follow up post Sicy. I thought "lossless" was a song like Winter. Yeah I'm not the smartest when it comes to the technical computer stuff :lol:

Haha you're right I did miss that. That's pretty funny!

Whats wrong with the record industry is that they are seemingly unwilling to change with the times, thats just bad business, and that could be there downfall.

how ndo you change with the times when everyone steals the material? I do admit theres not much worth buying nowadays but everything I like, I like to own and do own legit copies of. Esp No line on the horizon, what a masterpiece.

buy the album you tight asses

You guys are exactly what is wrong with the music industry.

How ridiculous it is (not being able to wait a couple of days for the album to be release having it already in leaked-high-bit-rate mp3's) aside I don't think this is what's wrong with the music industry.

Having said, get a grip people, c'mon, it's out monday, tuesday tops for some. I'm getting it Sunday night, so let's stop being hogs here.

honestly, i dont know what the solution is, but the cat is out of the bag, the millions of files out there are never going away, and the way they release albums is becoming less and less effective.

I think the main answer is most people who even knew about the leak are fans - the ones who will buy the album - everyone else can here it from whatever source is out there. Not only is it out on torrents and shares, U2 is streaming it themselves on MySpace and U2.com (although haven't tried the public version yet).

It will sell at least what HTDAAB did and most likely more. I guarantee it! You are more than welcome to quote me on this 6 mos out (when decent sales figures can be recorded).

i agree it is a no win situation, i think it is unfair when bands are compared by album sales nowadays. Come to think of it I believe u2 would be up there with rolling stones and even pink floyd territory on album sales if the record industry sales did not drop so heavily, esp in the last 10 yrs.

Imagine ATYCLB, HTDAAB and NLOTH sales in the days of vinyl. I honestly believe they would be pushin 20 mil each album not the est 6mil which is nowhere near conservative estimate for NLOTH.

of course the fans are the ones who know about the leak first, then it hits people surfing who arent huge fans but grab it anyway because its there, people just dont go into stores and buy random records these days, especially when they can sample anything on the net, everything else aside, times are tight and it's a big factor

i believe one solution is for bands to release there own albums, do away with the record selling industry, and create the record promoting industry in its place, maybe thats one idea that would be better

I'll be listening to it "losslessly" when I finally have whatever-hard-copy-I-ordered in my hands!

:cute:

The 10 dollars to buy the album will break their bank account.

If you cant afford 10 dollars you shouldnt be on the Internet at all.

Downloading an album is fine to listen to it a few times to see if you like it but if it is continiously listened to the artist should be paid for that album.

Do you work for free?

Didnt think so,

So go buy the album.

The 10 dollars to buy the album will break their bank account.

If you cant afford 10 dollars you shouldnt be on the Internet at all.

Downloading an album is fine to listen to it a few times to see if you like it but if it is continiously listened to the artist should be paid for that album.

:up: my view exactly

Yeah there are people on others sites I visit asking 'ooh what's it like??" and these people use computers! they remind me of the people who ask where a website is and how did one find that site, picture etc ....GOOGLE!! :doh:

The downside of a lossless one made high profile is the freeloaders then don't need a reason to buy the album as they can make their own. Granted a small % but one nonetheless that chips away at sales perhaps.. :down:

Yeah there are people on others sites I visit asking 'ooh what's it like??" and these people use computers! they remind me of the people who ask where a website is and how did one find that site, picture etc ....GOOGLE!! :doh:

The downside of a lossless one made high profile is the freeloaders then don't need a reason to buy the album as they can make their own. Granted a small % but one nonetheless that chips away at sales perhaps.. :down:

Some people, like myself, don't want to sign up on those geek download servers. So they probably understand it can be downloaded, but would prefer to listen to a stream or youtube clip. Don't you think it's obvious they know how to search?

Anyone can get it since its out in the open now but I'd be surprised if fans didn't buy the album just to get the artwork that comes along with it. People who are audiophiles just want to have the best version available bar none and thats what it comes down to. The people who don't value audio quality (to the level that audiophiles do) are clearly the ones who are complaining about this thread.

I'd like to listen to the lossless since I have a few days before it is released here in the U.S. Could someone shoot me a PM with just the track I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (FLAC) ?

And yes I have spent about $140 so far on just this album : (Vinyl/Box/Standard) & single : (Promo/CD1/CD2/7'')

No guilt asking for lossless. :D

you say "I'm all about downloading to see if you want to buy an album "

exactly what i'm doing, and if i listen to the lossless and it still sounds like shit to me then i def. will not buy. i might not but it anyway.

and to your other points, I dont want to pay for them and find out in 4 days, i prefer to have them now for free. Also for me downloading is faster than ripping.

You do know that this whole sharing network is based on trust, right? Posters pass along these files and trust that you'll at least be respectful enough to buy the basic cd when it comes out. Your post makes it clear you never intended to buy it in the first place.

What's the problem with some of us downloading the lossless files? I already paid for the getmusic track, preordered on iTunes to get the bonus track and preordered the box and it will take longer to arrive to my home since I'm importing it (it is not available in my country). So what if I want to have the best quality version right now? I am already spending more than 150 on this album (importing the box isn't cheap) so don't tell me I am stealing anything

I hope all those throwing the "stealing" stuff around haven't listened to any mp3s. I mean none, none at all. Because if you have your hypocritical comments aren't worth the toilet paper they were printed on. I saw this on D, and posted in case anyone was interested. I'm buying the damn album, just like I have every one since War, when it comes out.

Wow, suddenly FLAC is stealing but mp3 is not. Listening to it forever is stealing, but if you only listen X number of times it's not. I'm all for subjective morality, but I tend to keep mine to myself lest I look like a complete hypocrite. Suggest some of you do the same.

Back to U2...

lol, nobody uploads these albums with some "trust" idea in there head. And you don't have to sign up to any "geek servers" lol

I was the one who wondered out loud (a few pages ago) if downloading "lossless", due to its CD-identical quality, amounted to theft. That was a question, and not an accusation. I honestly do not know, and I did not mean to persecute anyone (except those who download lossless and have no intention of paying the artist by actually buying the album). Almost nothing in this world is plain and simple, but it does seem clear that people should get paid for what they do - no matter how much money they have. I am not an artist, and I have no immediate personal stake in this. However, I do appreciate "art" as just about one of the best things that humanity has conjured up. Of all the people on this planet to rip off, there are better places to start than the people that actually make you feel good, or think more carefully, about this world.

And on the subject of practicing what one preaches, as stated above, almost nothing in this world is plain and simple. Yes. You will find mp3 files on my computer. So have at me.

What's the problem with some of us downloading the lossless files? I already paid for the getmusic track, preordered on iTunes to get the bonus track and preordered the box and it will take longer to arrive to my home since I'm importing it (it is not available in my country). So what if I want to have the best quality version right now? I am already spending more than 150 on this album (importing the box isn't cheap) so don't tell me I am stealing anything
I totally agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom