NLOTH in 320kbps sounds suprisingly better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're all a transcode, just until today there has been evidence that someone got their hands of the phyisical release (we have a thread on that discussing the credits, artwork, etc.) Until now, every rip has been based on the original 256 kbps mp3s. Those thinking it sounds better is only a placebo effect. They actually sound worse, of course it might be really hard to detect.

They're all a transcode, just until today there has been evidence that someone got their hands of the phyisical release (we have a thread on that discussing the credits, artwork, etc.) Until now, every rip has been based on the original 256 kbps mp3s. Those thinking it sounds better is only a placebo effect. They actually sound worse, of course it might be really hard to detect.

He got these from a different site. We can assume the website he bought them from isn't lying about the bitrate.

That's what I was thinking too. Analyzing the waveforms pretty much confirms it.

i havent heard the other rips but NLT def sounds deeper and fuller, and does that statement include the V0?

He got these from a different site. We can assume the website he bought them from isn't lying about the bitrate.

He didn't bought from a website, it was from a private torrent tracker. No other official websites have been selling them.

You could be right, but I can honestly hear a big improvement in the V0 version... I'm willing to accept that I may be imagining it in my enthusiasm but I don't think thats the case!!

The best example for the moment is that on the 256 version the organ coming in on Unknown Caller sounds kinda shrill and too treble-y whereas on the V0 it sounds more natural and smooth... Overall the album sounds smoother actually. May be my imagination of course... :reject:

You could be right, but I can honestly hear a big improvement in the V0 version... I'm willing to accept that I may be imagining it in my enthusiasm but I don't think thats the case!!

The best example for the moment is that on the 256 version the organ coming in on Unknown Caller sounds kinda shrill and too treble-y whereas on the V0 it sounds more natural and smooth... Overall the album sounds smoother actually. May be my imagination of course... :reject:

I just think that if there has been another source we would've known already. Another option is that whoever released these different versions EQ'D them in some way, and that is why they sound different.

I just think that if there has been another source we would've known already. Another option is that whoever released these different versions EQ'D them in some way, and that is why they sound different.
maybe thats it

There was a 320kbps scene release literally hours after the getmusic leak... in other words, it was leaking that night whether or not universal liked it.

There was a 320kbps scene release literally hours after the getmusic leak... in other words, it was leaking that night whether or not universal liked it.

What I find weird is that all of this came AFTER the Getmusic leak and there havesn't been any proof that they were genuine encodes of a retail CD. Normally sceners would add a screen shot of the physical CD to provide a proof, but in this case nothing. It is harder to also prove if it is a transcode in this case, because the original mp3s were already at 256 kbps. If they original mp3s had been at 128 kbps, then it would me much easier to prove if it is a transcode. Anyway, whatever version makes you happy, you should enjoy I guess.

What I find weird is that all of this came AFTER the Getmusic leak and there havesn't been any proof that they were genuine encodes of a retail CD. Normally sceners would add a screen shot of the physical CD to provide a proof, but in this case nothing. It is harder to also prove if it is a transcode in this case, because the original mp3s were already at 256 kbps. If they original mp3s had been at 128 kbps, then it would me much easier to prove if it is a transcode. Anyway, whatever version makes you happy, you should enjoy I guess.

Its possible its a transcode. If thats the case I guess the guys on the atease forums are wrong. What I was reading in the thread was that the first track (320kbps version) looked like a transcode but the rest of the tracks were fine.

Just a heads up. Don't go to the what.cd.com site. You'll get a very nasty malware (Spyware Protect 2009) just viewing the home page.

Ask me how I know.

Is it really better? Could someone pleaseeeee send it to me????

alims22@hotmail.com

THANX!

Edited: how can i download this v0 version??? pleaaase i need to burn another cd and i want to do it with this better quality version! Please please pleasee!

Back
Top Bottom