NLOTH downloadable widget?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Any word on when the interactive NLOTH downloadable "widget" Bono mentioned in the Q Magazine interview might be available? I would LOVE to get this as I have a home theater PC hooked up to my 73" DLP tv and home stereo system. Here's what Bono had to say about it for those who haven't read the Q interview...

On a markedly less drunken occasion at home in the South of France last summer, Bono experienced a eureka moment. Staring at his huge plasma TV screen he was using to play music, he found himself suddenly frustrated by the virtually static nature of the iTunes control panel.
"I'm looking at this stationary iTunes, wondering why if we were listening to The Joshua Tree, you couldn't maybe see full-screen photographs moving?" he recalls. "If I was reshooting that cover now, I'd shoot it over 40 minutes and have the heads moving. Even in working-class homes there's big, fuck-off plasma screens. And I thought, Look at that screen and then think about the gatefold vinyl album in its heydey...this is way better! This could waste it!"
As a result, U2 are currently working on releasing No Line on the Horizon as a downloadable widget - a piece of interactive software - complete with artwork and lyrics. "Then I thought, Gosh, you can't rob that." Bono points out, arching an eyebrow knowingly. "We might have thought of a new format".

I've actually had this same idea in my head for over a year, having interactive versions of albums with lyrics and photos that change for each song. I'm glad Bono thought of it, too, and the band is actually going through with it. But Bono must not be up on the warez scene if he thinks a downloadable widget couldn't be cracked and be made available for free through torrents, etc. What I think would make more sense is have the downloadable widget be made available for all of the major gaming consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii ), purchased online through Xbox Live, PS3 store. Most people don't yet have a home theater PC hooked up to their televisions. But there are millions of Xbox 360/PS3 gaming consoles already out there connected to high-def tv's, home theater sound systems and have built-in access to the internet. Having the app only for gaming consoles would prevent most pirating, too. And with the the built-in internet connectivity of the Xbox360, PS3, Wii, you could then have the widget be dynamic, pulling down updated band photos from servers. And could also optionally scroll the latest U2 news, ticket info, concert dates etc at the bottom of the screen. That's how I would do it if it were up to me. Oh, I'd also create an interactive version of the widget for the iPhone/iTouch available through the App Store. Snow Patrol came out with a free iPhone app for their latest album, but it was pretty lame and didn't really do anything except display static images.

Any word on when the interactive NLOTH downloadable "widget" Bono mentioned in the Q Magazine interview might be available? I would LOVE to get this as I have a home theater PC hooked up to my 73" DLP tv and home stereo system. Here's what Bono had to say about it for those who haven't read the Q interview...

I've actually had this same idea in my head for over a year, having interactive versions of albums with lyrics and photos that change for each song. I'm glad Bono thought of it, too, and the band is actually going through with it. But Bono must not be up on the warez scene if he thinks a downloadable widget couldn't be cracked and be made available for free through torrents, etc. What I think would make more sense is have the downloadable widget be made available for all of the major gaming consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii ), purchased online through Xbox Live, PS3 store. Most people don't yet have a home theater PC hooked up to their televisions. But there are millions of Xbox 360/PS3 gaming consoles already out there connected to high-def tv's, home theater sound systems and have built-in access to the internet. Having the app only for gaming consoles would prevent most pirating, too. And with the the built-in internet connectivity of the Xbox360, PS3, Wii, you could then have the widget be dynamic, pulling down updated band photos from servers. And could also optionally scroll the latest U2 news, ticket info, concert dates etc at the bottom of the screen. That's how I would do it if it were up to me. Oh, I'd also create an interactive version of the widget for the iPhone/iTouch available through the App Store. Snow Patrol came out with a free iPhone app for their latest album, but it was pretty lame and didn't really do anything except display static images.

I fell asleep today and had a dream, that I had the new album. I figured out what the = meant. No Line On The Horizon, is actually 2 albums. One you can listen to, and one you watch. Linear is the first album (soundtrack) that is meant to be watched. It has different versions of tracks and is a more Rock album. (No Line On The Horizon 2)

The image on the front does show a horizon divided by the sea and sky, with the = as the divider. Look at it vertically it shows 2 sides.

Maybe it was the joint I smoked before I took the nap.

Back
Top Bottom