NLOTH and copypasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack Bauer

The Fly
The first one sounds nothing like Crazy Tonight. (IMO)

The second one is closer.

The first one sounds nothing like Crazy Tonight. (IMO)

The second one is closer.
Well i only mean the chorus of Acquiesce kinda sounds like the chorus of Crazy Tonight. The rest of the songs are not similar, but i thought the chorus kinda sounded the same.

I want to know what drugs you're on...:crack:

The first sound nothing NOTHING a like.

I couldn't listen to the second one for I don't care about SUC and the video sucked.

Jack you failed on this one and let your country down.

I want to know what drugs you're on...:crack:

The first sound nothing NOTHING a like.

I couldn't listen to the second one for I don't care about SUC and the video sucked.

Jack you failed on this one and let your country down.
NO U:tongue:

The first song's chorus does sound like Crazy tonight, i said only the chorus, the "We need each other" parts.

And if you didnt listened to the second one, how do you know it doesn't sound the same? SUC it!

Oh yeah and GOYB has a few things in common with this song from some irish band, you should check them out, their album "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" is actually really good, better than NLOTH:tongue:

YouTube - U2 - Fast Cars 2004

ps: i was just kidding about bomb being better than nloth, please don't kill me.

No.
Neither sound like the tunes you suggest.
At all.
And I would be the first one on this board to agree if it was so.

Sorry.

That's like saying that all songs on the same time signature sound the same.

you tried really hard, but if this is the best you got, well... it aint good enough

and i think there are many choruses that sound 'similar' (vocally) to the crazy one, but there are differences that make them all unique. It's just a very big sounding chorus is all. I doubt u2 even knows about that first song, and other than the whole part that they're saying stand up in the DMB one doesnt really mean theyre similar:|

In nearly every aspect I can think of, NO on both accounts.

In regards to the "Stand Up"/ "Stand Up Comedy" comparison, I'm thinking that you would probably agree that "Beautiful Day" is reminiscent of "It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" from Mr. Rogers just because they both have "beautiful day" in the title.

I'm thinking that you would probably agree that "Beautiful Day" is reminiscent of "It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" from Mr. Rogers just because they both have "beautiful day" in the title.

Wait. . . you mean the U2 song isn't a cover of that???

I see what the poster is talking about with Acquience (i think). The "we believe in one another" is being compared to "its not a hill its a mountain" and "do you believe me or you doubt it". Specifically in both the the last part of "believe" gets a sudden raise in volume (and pitch?)

Seems extremely minor and not a bit like copying to me, but I think that is the similarity being heard.

I see what the poster is talking about with Acquience (i think). The "we believe in one another" is being compared to "its not a hill its a mountain" and "do you believe me or you doubt it". Specifically in both the the last part of "believe" gets a sudden raise in volume (and pitch?)

Seems extremely minor and not a bit like copying to me, but I think that is the similarity being heard.
Yeah, thats what i thought.

In regards to the "Stand Up"/ "Stand Up Comedy" comparison, I'm thinking that you would probably agree that "Beautiful Day" is reminiscent of "It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" from Mr. Rogers just because they both have "beautiful day" in the title.
Well the "stand up" parts are exactly the same as in SUC, not only that but the chords after Stand up are pretty similar.

That's what i noticed anyway, but hey, maybe i am completely wrong then.

Internet Dude, after having a brief seizure and spaz attack, texted me and said he had "two words" for this thread:

(no, not those two words) ( :lmao: )

Epic Fail

But really, Internet Dude has not been himself lately. Please give him his space.

Myself i think this thread is spot-on. I have a weakness for fingering people who plagarize other sounds, lyrics, etc. :doh: Gotta catch those bastards and hang them out to dry :sexywink:

Carry On (because we're One, and we've got to carry each other)
:wave: :hug:

Specifically in both the the last part of "believe" gets a sudden raise in volume (and pitch?)

Pitch is not related to volume.

Well the "stand up" parts are exactly the same as in SUC, not only that but the chords after Stand up are pretty similar.

That's what i noticed anyway, but hey, maybe i am completely wrong then.

Jack what are the chords?

:doh:I would have thought that someone who was willing to make this thread and such statements would have known these types of things...

Internet Dude, after having a brief seizure and spaz attack, texted me and said he had "two words" for this thread:

(no, not those two words) ( :lmao: )

Epic Fail

But really, Internet Dude has not been himself lately. Please give him his space.

Myself i think this thread is spot-on. I have a weakness for fingering people who plagarize other sounds, lyrics, etc. :doh: Gotta catch those bastards and hang them out to dry :sexywink:

Carry On (because we're One, and we've got to carry each other)
:wave: :hug:

Please keep the nonsense to the appropriate thread.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f200/we-saw-internet-guy-at-the-grocery-store-today-196361.html

Thanks.

1st one: No resemblence

2nd one: The only resemblence there is that they both have "stand up" in the title. :huh:

I do however, think that the Magnificent riff sounds like music off Lemmings. Why I think this, I do not know.

Back
Top Bottom