NLOTH - advanced release in Japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So regarding album release dates, U2.com says:

"Released on March 2nd (March 3rd in the US)"

Wouldn't they mention something if it were being released earlier for other countries?

That's standard, giving just the US and UK release dates. The album will drop whatever day the charts start in a country

Ireland's chart is Friday to Thursday
UK's chart is Sunday to Saturday
US chart is Tuesday to Monday (I think)
Japanese charts must start on a Wednesday

U2.com already officialized that the first country getting NLOTH is Ireland.

Early Horizon in Ireland
If you're in Ireland, the single and album will be with you ahead of everyone else in the world.

'Get On Your Boots' will be released in Ireland on Friday February 13th.

'No Line on the Horizon' will be released on Friday, February 27th.

More as we get it.

Well either U2.com is wrong or it's not coming out in Japan early, it makes no sense to say it's coming out in Ireland first if it's not

very true. but everywhere i've looked online other than U2.com says the album is released 2/25/09 in Japan. just saying....

U2.com already officialized that the first country getting NLOTH is Ireland.

and also Switzerland, and Austria and Germany and I don't know which other country gets it on 27th so why do they say that you'll have it ahead of anybody else... it's no real advantage at all when you are in Ireland,

yes, where is the leaking? Or the 30-seconds clips we got for previous albums?

We'll get those before the album release, but maybe only a week or so before. Websites selling the album put them up.

But I still think it'll leak.

We'll get those before the album release, but maybe only a week or so before. Websites selling the album put them up.

yeah, i guess this is a pretty pointless conversation, because i do believe those who wish to will be listening to the album by the 20th of February.

The question of whether or not it leaks is really the question of whether or not U2 sends out advance copies to professional music reviewers at Rolling Stone/Q/whatever, imo. They could decide to not give those guys the advance this time and hold the record up to their collective chest until the end of the month, but if they do give those guys the advance, it's over, and it will leak as much as two weeks before the proper release. In 2009, the release date of the album is the date the band allow somebody independent of their circle/organization to have full access to the record, whether it be a physical CD or digital files. All imo.

The question of whether or not it leaks is really the question of whether or not U2 sends out advance copies to professional music reviewers at Rolling Stone/Q/whatever, imo. They could decide to not give those guys the advance this time and hold the record up to their collective chest until the end of the month, but if they do give those guys the advance, it's over, and it will leak as much as two weeks before the proper release. In 2009, the release date of the album is the date the band allow somebody independent of their circle/organization to have full access to the record, whether it be a physical CD or digital files. All imo.

agreed. and then there is still a rumor/confirmation from a journalist at one of the listening parties that U2.com will be streaming the album in 15-20 days. if this is true, i do think it will be a counter measure for when the album leaks.

agreed. and then there is still a rumor/confirmation from a journalist at one of the listening parties that U2.com will be streaming the album in 15-20 days. if this is true, i do think it will be a counter measure for when the album leaks.

Hope that rumor is true Mikal....that would be an awfully smart move on U2's part to do something like that

Well, all rumors have some truth as background, no matter how apart from that truth they are. This "streaming" idea must have come from somewhere. The journalist wouldn't say.. "hey...U2 will stream their album on their site!" for no reason.
But it's weird that no one else talked about this...

sorry, i gotta bump this because there are still many Japan retailer websites claiming that the Japan release date is the 25th (which would be the 24th for most of us).

yes, i know U2.com said that Ireland was getting the album first, but i find it weird that Japan retailers would keep a date up if it wasn't true, considering they'd have many upset customers.

Amazon.co.jp also has the 25th date. Keep in mind only one edition is coming out early in Japan, I believe its the deluxe edition.

You know what my guess is? America gets the album last because its most likely to leak from America first. The amount of CDs that need to be produced for Japan (and Ireland) are a small amount in comparison so theres a greater chance they can keep the lid on any leaks.

I seriously think the whole thing about the album streaming is a mistake. Its the embargo thats being lifted (Monday) which will allow people to talk about the album in detail, IMO.

Amazon.co.jp also has the 25th date. Keep in mind only one edition is coming out early in Japan, I believe its the deluxe edition.

You know what my guess is? America gets the album last because its most likely to leak from America first. The amount of CDs that need to be produced for Japan (and Ireland) are a small amount in comparison so theres a greater chance they can keep the lid on any leaks.

I seriously think the whole thing about the album streaming is a mistake. Its the embargo thats being lifted (Monday) which will allow people to talk about the album in detail, IMO.

yeah, i don't know about the streaming thing. it's really all about interpretation and maybe a bad google translation. it sure did read like U2.com would be streaming the album though.

well, at least if the album doesn't leak, the latest we would have it is the 24th. i wonder if i should change my signature to reflect the Japan date, lol!

Back
Top Bottom