NLOTH 2 (song) General Discussion + lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of NLOTH 2 (B-Side)?

• Total voters
hello too you all!
I'm new and i'm from Croatia! so my english writing i's not good but i hope you will understand...heh :wave:

NLOTH is a very good song, i like the start of the song and the end....but the middle part i's kinda hmm!!!! i'ts good that i'ts a kinda punk version ( that I like very much)...but I think the album version will be much better...based on a 45 sec clip :hyper:

hello!

Maybe during the No! Line! part? I'm not sure but I don't really know what he sounds like

His production wasn't bad though

Yeah, probably... I can't see another place where his voice could be. Great production actually.

I'm trying to work out the lyrics, having some trouble though. This is what I have so far:

I know a girl
Who's like the sea
I watch her changing
Every day for me
Oh yeah

One day she's still
The next she swells
Can hear the universe
In her sea shells
Oh yeah

No line on the horizon
No line
No line on the horizon
No line

I know a girl
???
She said infinity's a great place to go
Oh no, you know it's gonna be ???

After that it gets all fuzzy for me. Has anyone worked out the complete lyrics for the song yet?

Wait - THIS is the song Will.i.am. produced? Ha! In your face, Will.i.am. haterz! :lol:

Good job! :applaud:

(still fuckin LOVING this tune!)

produced by U2, with additional production from Eno and Will.I.Am. and additional backing Vocals from Will.I.Am. too, which I can't hear. so i wouldn't say he produced it, but he had a small part.

The lyrics on the tracks of NLOTH will have this double meaning as always. That line in Standup Comedy about helping God across the road like an little old lady; I think a metaphore about the way people are threating God and religion as something so precious and that God doesn't need help but humanity do (man, I am deep tonight). The lyrics are for me always very important and gradually reveal themselves over time.

Has this been posted on YouTube yet? Might create more positive publicity for the album, if people aren't digging Boots.

I didn't want to become attached to this song since its not the album version but it has completely sucked me in :love:

I'm trying to work out the lyrics, having some trouble though. This is what I have so far:

I know a girl
Who's like the sea
I watch her changing
Every day for me
Oh yeah

One day she's still
The next she swells
Can hear the universe
In her sea shells
Oh yeah

No line on the horizon
No line
No line on the horizon
No line

I know a girl
???
She said infinity's a great place to go
Oh no, you know it's gonna be ???

After that it gets all fuzzy for me. Has anyone worked out the complete lyrics for the song yet?

I think it's "I know a girl / (she has) a hole in her heart"

I'm trying to figure out the end verse:

In a traffic car(?), Rue de Marais (?)
The sirens wailing and the speedhead (?) wants to get away

:shrug:

here's what i've got so far. there's only two sections that i flat out can't even begin to guess what bono is singing:

i know a girl, who's like the sea
i watch her changing, every day for me
oh, yeah
oh, whoa, whoa

one day she's still, the next she swells
can hear the universe in her seashells
oh, yeah
oh, whoa, whoa

no line on the horizon
no line
no line on the horizon
no line

i know a girl, hole in her heart
she said, "infinity's a great place to start"
oh, no
you know it's gonna be (alone?)
<this part is completely unintelligible>
i want to be <???>
oh, whoa, whoa

no line on the horizon
no line
no line on the horizon
no line

oh
oh, oh, oh, oh
oh
oh, oh, oh, oh

the sun in my hair, is not on my mind
i put you a <???>

every night, i have the same dream
i'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
oh, yeah
oh, whoa, whoa

i'm a traffic cop, rue de marais
the siren's wailing and it's me that wants to get away
oh, whoa, whoa

no!
no! line!
no!
no! line!
no line on the horizon
no line
no line on the horizon
no line
no line on the horizon
no line

Got these lyrics from this sight U2 start.com | Songs | No Line On The Horizon

I know a girl who's like the sea
I watch her changing every day for me
Oh yeah
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

One day she's still, the next she swells
Can hear the universe in her sea shells
Oh yeah
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

No line on the horizon
No line
No line on the horizon
No line

I know a girl, hole in her heart
She said infinity's a great place to start
Oh no
You know it's gonna be alone

Well let me set me in the husky
Sound of lover
I wanna be the sea in the sail of love
Whooh

No line on the horizon
No line
No line on the horizon
No line

Ooh
Oh oh oh oh

The song in my head is now on my mind
I put you on pause
I try to rewind
alone
and replay, play

Every night the same dream
I'm hatching some plot
Scheming some scheme
Oh yeah
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

I'm a traffic cop
Rue de Marais
the siren’s wailing and it's me that wants to get away
Whooh

No, no line
No, no line
No

No line on the horizon
No line
No line on the horizon
No line
No line on the horizon
No, no line

I don't think 'husky' and 'sound of lover' are it. If there are actual lyrics, then it will have to make some sort of sense.

If they don't , then it's probably just scat singing rather than actual words.

Been listening to this for a few days now and I must say the middle part gets on my nerves. When Bono starts wailing it grates. It kinda annoys me. Anyone else get this vibe. I'm not saying this version is all bad, the intro is particularly good, but as the song goes on it kinda starts getting on my nerves especially the middle bit and bonos shouting. With an intro like that the song could have been sooooo much better. Here's hoping the album version is!

Been listening to this for a few days now and I must say the middle part gets on my nerves. When Bono starts wailing it grates. It kinda annoys me. Anyone else get this vibe. I'm not saying this version is all bad, the intro is particularly good, but as the song goes on it kinda starts getting on my nerves especially the middle bit and bonos shouting. With an intro like that the song could have been sooooo much better. Here's hoping the album version is!

Yeah would have to agree. The song is all right but nothing special. Two songs released so far from this new album and they are both nothing special and pretty average songs for U2 standards. I'm starting to get a little anxious.

It's a very catchy song but it gets a bit repetitive after a while. I also feel the production is somewhat vanilla on this one. I hope the album version's better.

I like the song, but the b-side version is crap.

How do I know the original will be great though? Just think of the b-side but slowed down. The b-side sounded so artificially sped up.

Listening to it now. The sound and the mood the song creates is absolutely astounding. Bono's vocals are actually quite good considering they haven't been in the same Earth since Pop. Everything is top notch in this song. It's also very addictive. I just keep playing it. It has U2 written all over it. I think this version will be stunning live, instead of the slow melancholic version.

Agree completely, while other younger bands what have left a bridge like that out, Bono goes on a out of breath singing (wailing actually) escapade, that ends with his all too overdone 'ohhhs'.

Very annoying, dilutes the coolness of the song a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom