NLOTH 2 (song) General Discussion + lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of NLOTH 2 (B-Side)?

• Total voters
this is def not single material its a concept song which belongs on the album, and a great one at that

I like it.

But like someone just mentioned, it just doesn't.... fit. Based on our Wal-Mart clips, they constructed this arrangement around an established vocal melody from the ambient/album version, and it just doesn't feel quite right to me.:reject:

Maybe it's just because the Wal-Mart clip seemed so awesome to me.

Anyways, I think this indicates a serious change in style, and if this is a bside the album will be...:drool:

It's a good song, I compared it with the 45-second album version but I would have to say they made a right version of song to leave out and put on the album. Both are great, love the chorus. :up:

I'm guessing the album version will be even better. :hyper:

I kind of think this is the form it should take live, but the one on the album will sound better for a record.

Damn, they should have done a reprise.

Also, Vlad your avatar is amazing.

Originally posted by Bernie02:

'' BTW - I'm a big fan of boots. Clayton rips it up. I often wonder what type of system most of the fans here have...I don't know how one can't love boots when it is cranked and the layered instruments are firing off all around you.''

E-x-a-c-t-l-y.:up::up::up:

The problem I have with this song is that the chorus does not seem to go with the verses. I mean after the first and second verse, I was like, wow, this is awesome. Then they start in the No Line On The Horizon chorus and I was like :doh:. I can see why it's a B-side.

Songs growing on me though hoping the album track is a bit stronger. This versions seems a bit bland. At the begining of the song i thought an episode of the Sopranos was starting

The problem I have with this song is that the chorus does not seem to go with the verses. I mean after the first and second verse, I was like, wow, this is awesome. Then they start in the No Line On The Horizon chorus and I was like :doh:. I can see why it's a B-side.

QFT.

chorus seems forced... still great though..

The chorus is the best part about it.

The song is so joyful, I love the instrumention during the No! Line! part. I think I like the song even more today than I did when I first heard it.

Okay I'm loving this version of the song now... I'm hoping that BOTH versions are on the limited editions.

Would be cool if they opened up live shows with a snippet of the ambient version and then the full punk version later in the set list.

I was all for NLOTH 1 and 2 opening and closing the album before I heard NLOTH 2. Now I don't want it to come after Cedars. Cedars should close the album.

i think it's got so much potential...love the way the song flows and the delivery of it. love the way bono ends the lines "ohhh.yyaaaa..." the chorus is OK.

don't like the bridge much after a few listens....

i think it is just missing something to put it over the top....and that might easily come in the original version. we'll see

I just love it because this version says to me "you think we can't write songs like we did 25+ years ago? like the Killers are doing now? we'll show you"

The version on the album to me is more reminiscent of the Orbit mix of Electrical storm with that wall of sound throughout the song.

hello too you all!
I'm new and i'm from Croatia! so my english writing i's not good but i hope you will understand...heh :wave:

NLOTH is a very good song, i like the start of the song and the end....but the middle part i's kinda hmm!!!! i'ts good that i'ts a kinda punk version ( that I like very much)...but I think the album version will be much better...based on a 45 sec clip :hyper:

Do you think this was the original mix of NLOTH before the delay?

No--definitely the other way around.

Even without all the real evidence, you can tell just by how it sounds (especially the chorus and the bridge), that this was not the way it was written to be played.

No--definitely the other way around.

Even without all the real evidence, you can tell just by how it sounds (especially the chorus and the bridge), that this was not the way it was written to be played.

Have to agree

And Will.i.am is on it so that confirms anyway

Back
Top Bottom