NLOTH 2 (song) General Discussion + lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of NLOTH 2 (B-Side)?

• Total voters
To be honest I didn't like this song at all this morning unlike many U2 songs which I tend to like pretty fast. Infact I found myself listening to the 45 second clips on my ipod more then this song but now I didn't listen to it for 6-7 hours and now I think its starting to grow a bit although i find some parts kindof boring but thats probably going to change. It is indeed a slap in the face like someone described it somewhere! And i think it is a song that is challenging me! This bodes well for this song.

i listened to No Line 2 with a bittersweet feeling. I think the amazing drumming and the crude guitar will be absent from the album version. So the things i like the most in the song didn't make the final product. The pulsating rhythm and the way the song flows, toghether with the youngish vocals make this song so different and unique among their last efforts. Maybe i'm wrong and i will like the album version, but now i believe that i will prefer this alternate version "rebel" vibe.

Does someone get what i'm saying?

i listened to No Line 2 with a bittersweet feeling. I think the amazing drumming and the crude guitar will be absent from the album version. So the things i like the most in the song didn't make the final product. The pulsating rhythm and the way the song flows, toghether with the youngish vocals make this song so different and unique among their last efforts. Maybe i'm wrong and i will like the album version, but now i believe that i will prefer this alternate version "rebel" vibe.

Yeah, but remeber that you'll probably get those same vocals at the album version and the album version is the punk fastest version... to me that makes the idea even better. :hyper:

Yeah. It reminds me of Wire.

riff sounds like a retard superhero theme, especially at the end when they yell NO! NO!

Yeah, but remeber that you'll probably get those same vocals at the album version and the album version is the punk fastest version... to me that makes the idea even better. :hyper:

I know the vocals will be the same, but i think the vocals fit perfectly with the speed, the drumming and the "Warish" guitar. There are songs that are better with the wall of sound that the album version seems to have, but the alternate version has this "fuck of" atittude that i dig so much.
Not to mention the beginning, crude and at the same time fluid, there is the bass beat and then comes the whole rhythm. So good.

Edited: Not to mention that Q magazine preferred the alt version...

i just want the album version to drop the NO..... LINE........etc. part at the end. that is the only thing i don't like, and the cheesiness of kind of ruins the ending for me.

It doesn't ruin it for me, I just hope they've re-worked it.

I am expecting bigger things from the album version.

BTW - I'm a big fan of boots. Clayton rips it up. I often wonder what type of system most of the fans here have...I don't know how one can't love boots when it is cranked and the layered instruments are firing off all around you.

I get how the song could sound boring as background radio music.

I don't get boring at all with NLOTH and what I'm looking forward to the most is hearing all these on the vinyls. I just have to figure out how to hook up the turn table to my system/speaker's. :hyper:

Yeah, that or the opposite, just stop very suddenly, slam into a wall. Like “No! Line!” then boom! Gone. Just cuts, then the Magnificent intro kicks in. Would be pretty cool. There’s bass happening before the synth starts, might be a split second or might be longer, so maybe you’re on the right track, would be cool if as NLOTH slips out of the room, the bass for Magnificent already has a foot through the door.

I think we will hear songs melding into each other - not sure that's the term- with some of the songs on the album. Anyway, I know what I'm looking for just hope I find it. :drool: I just need the album.. that's all. :wink:

I know the vocals will be the same, but i think the vocals fit perfectly with the speed, the drumming and the "Warish" guitar. There are songs that are better with the wall of sound that the album version seems to have, but the alternate version has this "fuck of" atittude that i dig so much.
Not to mention the beginning, crude and at the same time fluid, there is the bass beat and then comes the whole rhythm. So good.

Edited: Not to mention that Q magazine preferred the alt version...

Well in that case you'll be able to join the crowd that will bash U2 for left the alt version out of the album. :wink:

Well, you can do both and on top of that complain about U2 making you burn a cd :wink:

Actually it happened before when the let Aways and Summer rain out of Leave Behind and kept Peace on Earth, When i look at the world and New York... that was horrible.

Ha!
I understand New York bash, even POE bash, but WILATW? Seriously?
I :heart: that song.

Don't care that much about Summer Rain or Always though. Big Girls Are Best on the other hand is :drool:

ZOMIGOD :love:

Just had my first listen :love::love::love:

LOVE IT. Just what I wanted. Some different sounds (Ultraviolet, anyone?) while still having a classic U2 sound.

VERY IMPRESSED!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

hoping the album version is a bit more interesting than this.

i think NLOTH2 wouldn't be out of place on HTDAAB which is slightly worrying.....it doesn't feel like any departure from the U2 of old.

:hmm:

Are you trying to have us on? Or were you serious? What an odd response.

I listened to it once so far. Bono's singing is really different. The ending bothers me a little, but it's not too bad. I need to listen to it more.

I just listened to "Boots" right after it, and "Boots" seems really fast in comparison. It's kind of a stark contrast.

Bonos voice is clearer in this track then its been in years...thats why it sounds different and I like it:)

The guitar is pretty much ZZ Top's Legs, chugging along, except "no, no line" is less catchier then

LEGS!

SHE KNOWS HOW TO USE THEM!

I voted "it's OK". The first verse is fantastic, but the song begins to get repetitive, and the bridge goes nowhere. Honestly, it just sounds like they were fucking around. Had they fleshed it out a bit more, it could have been album worthy.

its a good song but sounds like b-side material to me for sure. looking forward to what i think the album version will sound like

I was like eh its okay, at first, but after a few listens i enjoy it greatly, and im VERY excited for the version on the album, which they think is superior.

Like everything about the song except the chorus. To me the chorus sounds lazy and cheesy: No l-i-i-i-ne on the hor-i-zon . . . No l-i-i-i-n-e. Not very inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom