NLOTH 2 (song) General Discussion + lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of NLOTH 2 (B-Side)?

• Total voters
But thats not the beggining even, who knows maybe its part of the bridge? i really dont know, but i am going to belive 100% someone who has actually heard the album and has proof she has heard it,

The clip is from about 20 seconds in from the start of the song (if matched to the 2nd version).
We have no debate here, I don’t know why you keep saying “I’m going to believe the girl”. I’m not challenging you or trying to say you (or her) are wrong at all.

Have listened to the song about a dozen times over the course of the day here at work.

It is a really good song that could have been a great song with a better bridge. I mean, I don't dislike the bridge, but it isn't great.

Love the vocal. Love the rhythm section and the effects. Guitar somewhat underwhelming but I am expecting bigger things from the album version.

All in all a very good remix of a yet to be heard song!

BTW - I'm a big fan of boots. Clayton rips it up. I often wonder what type of system most of the fans here have...I don't know how one can't love boots when it is cranked and the layered instruments are firing off all around you.

I get how the song could sound boring as background radio music.

The clip is from about 20 seconds in from the start of the song (if matched to the 2nd version).
We have no debate here, I don’t know why you keep saying “I’m going to believe the girl”. I’m not challenging you or trying to say you (or her) are wrong at all.

Sorry my bad, was just going from the other thread where some didnt seem to belive either me or her (even though i was only passing on what she said)

I really like NLOTH. I love the "oh, oh, oh" part they added especially. Lyrics are pretty stellar. Then again, I like "Boots" too.

hoping the album version is a bit more interesting than this.

i think NLOTH2 wouldn't be out of place on HTDAAB which is slightly worrying.....it doesn't feel like any departure from the U2 of old.

:hmm:

bono sounds strong love the ooooooohhhh parts and that last large note - but from the 45 second clip from the album version he seems to singing even better and more forcefull

A key thing to maybe consider is that now we've heard what sounds like the intro to Magnificent, the album version of NLOTH might feature an ending that is designed to serve as a flowing segue into the intro to Magnificent. We'll see.

Great song though, only listened to it twice. The band is on fire (especially Larry), Bono's vocal seems to struggle a little, but I love the whoa-oh-whoa-oh-whoa-ooooo bit. That is wicked.

This. Song. Kicks. Ass. The only part that irks me is the "NO. NO. LINE." part at the end. Kinda cheesy. Other than that....:drool:

I reckon it could too.....more in a sense it's what a more cohesive HTDAAB could have sounded like had it had a song like NLOTH on it as opposed to a COBL or an OOTS (not a criticism of those songs, but the album itself).

I almost wish this was the version from the album. Would have started the album with a energetic bang. Hopefully the slower version does the trick.

LOVE THE NLOTH CLIP. Hate the B-side. Listening to V.2 actually makes me dislike the album clips to the point where I've had to stop listening to it to get it out of head. What we've heard on the album is EPIC. The B-side is anything but.

LOVE THE NLOTH CLIP. Hate the B-side. Listening to V.2 actually makes me dislike the album clips to the point where I've had to stop listening to it to get it out of head. What we've heard on the album is EPIC. The B-side is anything but.

agree. it gets boring after the first chorus.

Same.

With boots I had no desire to listen again after the third or fourth listen.

I have listened to Boots 49 times on my iPod. :ohmy:

DEFINITELY a grower. At first I was like "Uhhh...hmmm..." but with headphones you really get into the groove and it becomes a really great song for me. Just my opinion though :D

A key thing to maybe consider is that now we've heard what sounds like the intro to Magnificent, the album version of NLOTH might feature an ending that is designed to serve as a flowing segue into the intro to Magnificent. We'll see.

Yeah, that or the opposite, just stop very suddenly, slam into a wall. Like “No! Line!” then boom! Gone. Just cuts, then the Magnificent intro kicks in. Would be pretty cool. There’s bass happening before the synth starts, might be a split second or might be longer, so maybe you’re on the right track, would be cool if as NLOTH slips out of the room, the bass for Magnificent already has a foot through the door.

It will be interesting to hear the album version. I do like the song, love that signature Edge guitar :drool: I can totally see this song as the opener on the tour and getting the crowd to shout back "NO....................LINE.....................NO..........................LINE"

I heard this twice. Was mildly amused.

Will definitely listen to GOYB about 1000 more times, but probably will never listen to this version of the song again.

I listened to it 7 times ... I still find it mediocre. It's catchy, but there's no dynamics. Edge's guitar is boring...one chord? Really? And I think Bono's vocals are much more suited to the atmospheric version; they just sound strange to me here.

I'm very surprised to see that people like it better than Boots (which I find to be a very good song, but not among their best) and someone even said it's the best thing they've put out in ten years...? :huh: I just feel like I must be missing something. Oh well, to each their own. :shrug:

I do have a feeling the album version is going to be much better ... once it comes out I think everyone will realize we've been listening to Always instead of Beautiful Day :wink:

I really think the lyrics are much improved and dont sound forced like the last few albums...except for a few tracks of course like Kite was great lyrics but these lyrics are good.

Back
Top Bottom