Next Album Rumours Thread II - Songs of Ass Scent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel like discussion was backed up here for a while so it's nice to see that things have loosened up.
giphy.gif

I personally think u2 shouldn’t call it quits but they really need to stop caring so much about what people think and should stop being afraid and second guessing every song they write. U2 will never be what u2 was in the 80’s and 90’s. It’s simply not possible this late in their career but I get the feeling sometimes that U2 still wants to be what they were during their peak. And this has an effect on their current music. They shouldn’t be trying so hard and just write and release music that comes from their hearts. Who cares if it will not be a radio hit? They will never be number one again so they should just take that pressure off of themselves and just write music.

I personally think u2 shouldn’t call it quits but they really need to stop caring so much about what people think and should stop being afraid and second guessing every song they write. U2 will never be what u2 was in the 80’s and 90’s. It’s simply not possible this late in their career but I get the feeling sometimes that U2 still wants to be what they were during their peak. And this has an effect on their current music. They shouldn’t be trying so hard and just write and release music that comes from their hearts. Who cares if it will not be a radio hit? They will never be number one again so they should just take that pressure off of themselves and just write music.

This is reflected in their music videos mostly. Love Is Bigger was supposedly about Bono’s kids and the music video is about LGBT pride, which is fine, but to me it’s them always tying themselves into the hot topic of conversation for relevancy.

Back
Top Bottom