New U2 Song To Be Featured In NFL Network's Super Bowl Commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was pathetic! I only knew that was U2 because I've listened to the song so much. This was what, like the last 10 seconds of the song?

Another opportunity missed for U2 to promote the song just with the 'Get on your boots' 'yea hey-hey-hey' part. But who knows. Maybe there is a method to their madness.

Either way, good to see it.

The U2 GOYB snippet in the NFL Network/Sprint commercial was a welcome surprise. Is it just me or are the SB commercials not living up to the hype?

The U2 GOYB snippet in the NFL Network/Sprint commercial was a welcome surprise. Is it just me or are the SB commercials not living up to the hype?

I think you're right. The commercials get worse and worse each year. Which may be a good thing, because I think the Super Bowl is more about the commercials than the game. As Lewis Black said, the NFL has done everything in it's power to ruin the Super Bowl. It's a sport, not an adspot. Sadly it's become more about the money than the sport, but that's another topic of discussion.

But since the commercials are getting worse, that's probably a good thing. Maybe the Super Bowl will go back to what it was - a sport and nothing else.

that was lame. What they should have done is have the GOYB vid premire in 3D! It could have aired with the other 3D segments.

I kinda figured the commercial would just be music set to football stuff, so I wasn't annoyed. I'm just glad I finally get to hear something U2 other than Beautiful Day on television since forever. I wouldn't be shocked at all if someone hearing the song didn't even know it was U2 though because it was a pretty short clip and was more about the Raider guy.

I think the length and song portion choice was ideal. This isn't exactly a song that fits into a football context.

The commercials are not funny at all and there are a lot of movie ads too. Bruce was good too. The game is so boring. Not one of the best SuperBowls.

I guess it's useless at this point to bitch about U2 doing what everybody and their brother is doing these days to promote their music, even though the old fart in me who remembers when it was considered a very tacky thing for a rock band to do would prefer they not go there - but does it strike anyone else but me that the whole tie-in doesn't even make sense? Football players don't wear boots - they wear cleats. Maybe they should have gone with the NHL instead.

Back
Top Bottom