New U2 Song To Be Featured In NFL Network's Super Bowl Commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:doh::doh::doh::doh:

The commercial is for NFL network the NFL's(American football) own channel to be aired during the Superbowl(the American Football championship game)....no money was exchanged...what is the problem with this??

I know this is late, but :giggle:

I actually forgot about the commercial until I saw it tonight, haha.

no worries.. LMPA has a special kind of wit that most around here get but not all. :giggle:

:hi5:

Bruce's crotch ramming the camera is still the highlight of that game.
:up:

I approve of any crotch ramming the Boss wants to do. :wink:

I didnt think the half time show was anything spectacular the game itself was a real classic though :)

that sliding into the camera seemed way too contrived (even though it is a halftime performance)...I mean I guess it was cool, and it made me laugh haha...but yeah...I think he put on a great show, no doubt, but it seemed all a bit cheesy to me and the actual performance wasn't that great :shrug:

I just watched the GOYB spot again a few more times and it's not too bad I guess, kinda cool for something so short. And I think the song fit the theme of the ad perfectly.

I only watch the Super Bowl and i thought this was the best ever, i was on the edge of my seat during the last quarter.

The song sounded a lot better coming out of my friend's nice TV set-up than out of my little iPod - no bass distortion! Ha.

Didnt take much beating though :lol:

I thought they were both great. I think Tom Petty's was the best musically of the last couple years. The songs sounded GREAT and he can still sing. Bruce brought the energy and sounded good, but his voice is getting rougher as he passes the 60 mark. Still love him though.

As ramblinrose said, anticlimatic. But still nice to hear.

And bonocomet - I rewound the game to see if I heard GOYB playing in the stadium as well. Guess we have good ears :wink: Then the commercial followed shortly thereafter.

As ramblinrose said, anticlimatic. But still nice to hear.

And bonocomet - I rewound the game to see if I heard GOYB playing in the stadium as well. Guess we have good ears :wink: Then the commercial followed shortly thereafter.

yep :hi5:

Thanks Bonocomet! This is the first I saw of it, I was at the game.

I was kind of underwhelmed by the commercial, but then again I don't really care that they did it at all so it doesn't matter to me.

Back
Top Bottom