new u2 release scheduled for this fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_Edge89 said:

I can't say for sure, because I'm not familiar with the whole process of editing and stuff but since this is a special format maybe it does take some time to get it right rather than having to deal with a "normal" concert dvd.
3D view, huge format etc.
Also, I heard they shot some more footage in Melbourne or somewhere during the last leg of the tour so that might have delayed the whole process too since they got more material to work with.

If Slane would be considered a proper DVD release it took almost two years from the day of shooting the concert to it's release, but in the end maybe the whole online petition thing might have caused it to get released, perhaps they didn't plan to release it at all more than the "U2's Beautiful Day" TV-special.

They filmed Melbourne both nights because they needed more shots for the IMAX movie. My friend is a camerman and he shot both of the shows. First night he was on the crane in the crowd, and the second night he was behind Larry. He couldn't film Bono from the head up because Bono had cut his hair, and it wouldn't match the S.American footage. Same with Larry I believe as well. He had specific instructions on what he could/couldn't shoot, especially the 2nd night where he was actually on the stage. I can't see that this would take a year or two to edit, especially if they've already seen the footage they had and knew they had to fill part of the last leg to use in the movie. I still think the movie is due later this year. :shrug:

Lila64 said:

I can't see that this would take a year or two to edit, especially if they've already seen the footage they had and knew they had to fill part of the last leg to use in the movie. I still think the movie is due later this year. :shrug:

What about that "we shot 700 hours of footage" quote form one of the IMAX producers? Keep in mind that's it an 3D film, so they had 2 cameras filming from each vantage point.

Back
Top Bottom