New U2 album will be finished mixing in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm putting the rest of my chips on a late December/early January single release (Discotheque was released during this time). With a March album release. Like many have stated on here, the US election & Axl's new album coming out U2 wouldn't have gotten the exposure there wanting for this album. 2009 :drool:

It seems like they've been "almost done" or "finishing" for the past six months...

We heard the words finishing "recording" the album in the past

Finishing "mixing" the album is an entirely different animal...it means it can finally be ready to be mastered and start the process of marketing etc.

Seems like they might have lifted the information from one of the recent Lanois interviews, anyone know which studio in London at all? Abbey Road again?

In 2 weeks we'll get a report that Brian Eno is in Hawaii mixing with Adam & Larry.

This has to be the most dragged out "were almost finished" record ever :doh:

In 2 weeks we'll get a report that Brian Eno is in Hawaii mixing with Adam & Larry.

This has to be the most dragged out "were almost finished" record ever :doh:

agreed. i'm not going to believe anything until we have some kind of official word.

whenevr the new single comes out then ill believe theres actually going to be an album

remember that guy we all went to college with who would always be talking about "that screenplay that is almost finished" and yet he was always hanging out just outside the dorm, or at the local pub and you wondered "when the hell is that guy supposedly writing?"

it sort of makes you wonder. that guy was "finishing" his stuff for like 4 years.

Much like our beloved band.

All in good fun. I am hoping for a Pop style schedule. Its time for a spring / summer U2 album. I don't like that the last two records have christmas-esque memories (those go away on the millionth listen, so i'm getting better)

anyway, that guy needs to put out the cig, put down the pint, and go inside to finish up.

i used the words pint and pub to make it seem like i didn't go to college in Kansas. But i did.

:wave:

You can pretty much bet they will want to be done by Christmas.
And according to these reports, that gives them plenty of time to finish mixing and maybe even mastering (with 3 weeks left in Nov).

So then the question would be, do they follow the classic release model and hold onto that bastard for another 8-10 weeks beyond that?

Or do they get it out ASAP?

Because if I'm U2, what difference does January make from March?
More time to pimp the thing. While the fans just have to wait that much fucking longer.
I guess it makes no difference once it's already been 4 years, those who lost interest have already lost interest and those who haven't never will.

February would be a good compromise!
Single just before Christmas. Eh, whatever, I just hope it's good.

You can pretty much bet they will want to be done by Christmas.
And according to these reports, that gives them plenty of time to finish mixing and maybe even mastering (with 3 weeks left in Nov).

So then the question would be, do they follow the classic release model and hold onto that bastard for another 8-10 weeks beyond that?

Or do they get it out ASAP?

Because if I'm U2, what difference does January make from March?
More time to pimp the thing. While the fans just have to wait that much fucking longer.
I guess it makes no difference once it's already been 4 years, those who lost interest have already lost interest and those who haven't never will.

February would be a good compromise!
Single just before Christmas. Eh, whatever, I just hope it's good.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm betting on a February or March release and a single sometime around January. Maybe mid january? who knows.

I'm hoping for a single for Christmas too. After that, Feb/March release and a Spring tour.

In a week or so, something will come out from His Holiness Saint Hewson himself saying that they're starting a bunch of new recording sessions in Hanover Quay.

Back
Top Bottom