New Song: The Cedars of Lebanon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the epic of Gilgamesh (basically the oldest story known to mankind) the Gods were said to reside in the Cedars of Lebanon. And they are becoming extremely rare, so I would guess the song might be some combination of Biblical, Environmental and Political.

It sure beats "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go" or one of those other proposed schmaltzy titles.

It sure beats "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go" or one of those other proposed schmaltzy titles.

Agreed. The titles "If I Could Live My Life Again," "Love Is All We Have Left," "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go," "You Can't Give Away Your Heart" sound very cheesy 2005 obsessed-with-the-G8-Summit-and-not-with-making-quality-music Bono. No creativity in the titles at all. At least "Cedars of Lebanon" and "No Line on the Horizon" have some imagery in there, whether the songs themselves turn out to be shite or not.

Agreed. The titles "If I Could Live My Life Again," "Love Is All We Have Left," "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go," "You Can't Give Away Your Heart" sound very cheesy 2005 obsessed-with-the-G8-Summit-and-not-with-making-quality-music Bono. No creativity in the titles at all. At least "Cedars of Lebanon" and "No Line on the Horizon" have some imagery in there, whether the songs themselves turn out to be shite or not.

Agreed 100%. Those aforementioned titles would be like HTDAAB part 2, pretty much! Actually even worse!

U2 has referenced the Cedars of Lebanon before...

In the Beautiful Day video, the airplane flying over the band is a MEA (Middle East Airlines) plane with the cedar logo on the tail.

I guess it is not the first time U2 refers the "cedar" word, mostly because of Cedarwood.
Scent of cedar, I can still see her...
When I was a young boy in the suburbs of Cedarwood...

60010414.JPG

Great, another tree

I guess it is not the first time U2 refers the "cedar" word, mostly because of Cedarwood.
Scent of cedar, I can still see her...
When I was a young boy in the suburbs of Cedarwood...

This reminds me, why are the online lyrics for "Deep In The Heart" all wrong?

Not that yours are.

It would be great if Cedars of Lebanon = support for the Lebanese struggle for democracy in the way that Walk On = support for Aung San Suu Kyi and Burma. What a fantastic signal to send!

Back
Top Bottom