New Song: The Cedars of Lebanon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this also

Cedars Of Lebanon
by Wayne Blank

Cedar is one of the most aromatic and resistant types of wood known. The variety known as the Cedar of Lebanon was of especially good quality, solid, not many knots, and of a deep rich reddish color. The trees themselves were of a rather unusual shape - quite wide with branches growing nearly straight out, and a nearly flat top (in contrast to, for example, the North American White or Black Cedar varieties which are seldom as tall and always narrower). They could sometimes reach a height of well over 100 feet (30 meters). Their very name came to symbolize strength and magnificence.
Cedar wood was used in Jerusalem for various construction projects, including the king's palace and the Temple itself (perhaps unfortunate there, when the Babylonians under King Nebuchadnezzar conquered and burned much of the city - cedar, although very beautiful and aromatic, also burns very hot and fast due to the highly flammable resins in the wood).

For a long time very plentiful, Cedars of Lebanon are now extremely rare. This magnificent tree (and many other great and beautiful plants and animals now extinct) will be making a big come-back one day however. God will be seeing to that.

Sounds interesting. I just hope the talk of JH doesn't send people into fits when/if Edge doesn't play a 5 min bluesy solo. Also wish we could hear that the album is done, instead of almost finished.

I do like how this album seems to be very quiet in regards to hype. Obviously there is hype, but we're not getting constant quotes from Bono/Edge like we did last time. Seems like Danny has been chosen as the spokesperson for this album so far.

The fact that he's saying it's very innovative, and new sounds should be very promising. At the very least, if the album doesn't turn out that way, people won't go after Bono and his hyperbole. It'll be directed at DL instead :)

But the album is on the last days of recording the vocals...remember Voir is a magazine publication,which means when Lanois talked to the them,it was earlier this month...plus Daniel Lanois is due back in Montreal,Canada to perform for a series of concerts that are part of a festival going on there July 1-4 ..so when Lanois leaves Ireland he will be leaving having finished the album...Steve Lillywhite was already mixing the songs...all that was left was a few Bono vocal tracks which he was staying late at the studio to finish up on....the album's done.......it just has to be mastered and marketed:applaud:

This title does sound very, very interesting...as does Moments of Surrender...but Cedars of Lebanon sounds a bit deeper to me.

As for the album 'almost' being finished, this is the same time table that HTDAAB had...they wrapped that up in late June/Early July...so no worries, it's on schedule...:up:

:lol:

I saw the title and immediately had a flashback to my college concert choir, when we sang a sacred piece that had a line "...grow like a cedar of Lebanon."

Oy. Thanks for that, Bono. Now it's stuck in my head.

Im excited about it but the name still bugs me. Not really a name that catches me, but maybe that's because it's just not expected.

For a long time very plentiful, Cedars of Lebanon are now extremely rare. This magnificent tree (and many other great and beautiful plants and animals now extinct) will be making a big come-back one day however. God will be seeing to that.
Don't know about that, U2 tend to spell doom for trees. The Joshua tree has died, the tree on One Tree Hill got chopped down...

Now the cedars of Lebanon will probably go completely extinct :uhoh:

I love how people are judging a song by it's title... :lol:

You all should have been around when they anounced their new single was going to be called 'The Fly'...

But the album is on the last days of recording the vocals...remember Voir is a magazine publication,which means when Lanois talked to the them,it was earlier this month...plus Daniel Lanois is due back in Montreal,Canada to perform for a series of concerts that are part of a festival going on there July 1-4 ..so when Lanois leaves Ireland he will be leaving having finished the album...Steve Lillywhite was already mixing the songs...all that was left was a few Bono vocal tracks which he was staying late at the studio to finish up on....the album's done.......it just has to be mastered and marketed:applaud:

Voir is a weekly that is published every Thursday, so the latest that Lanois could have spoken with the reporter is last week. If the album isn't finished yet, it might very well be close to its end.

I love how people are judging a song by it's title... :lol:

You all should have been around when they anounced their new single was going to be called 'The Fly'...

I think that the majority of the posts have been along the lines of "cool title," not "cool song." :shrug:

The song has leaked!!!!!!!!!!!

*oops* Guess I should have told you I just had a flash forward to September 23rd. :doh:

am i only one who makes a gun reference out of this title? it seems to me that the only lumber present in Lebanon is in ak-47 form.

Im excited about it but the name still bugs me. Not really a name that catches me, but maybe that's because it's just not expected.

The alternate title is "My Soul Will Kneel".

can't say the title has got me bouncing off the walls or anything, but I think discothque makes a good point, that could make for an interesting song

Back
Top Bottom