New Rolling Stone Bono interview/article about SOE - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 07:54 PM
New Rolling Stone Bono interview/article about SOE

Lots of song titles and lyrics

Bono on U2's New Album, Taking On Donald Trump - Rolling Stone

Old 09-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
War Child

Location: looking at the world through Bono's colored glasses
Local Time: 08:54 PM
In this article Bono talks about a brush with immortality. Does anyone know what he is talking about there? Supposedly it is something other than his bicycle accident. I realize that it is actually not anyone's business but his. I'm just curious to know if any other info of what happened with him was made public.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltau922 View Post
Wow . . the comment section is brutal. Not one positive comment. Well, negative reactionaries are more likely to post I suppose . . . . .
Old 09-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 12:54 AM
The article has been picked up by Brietbart and other right wing outlets (r/TheDonald), so the Trumpsters are bombing the comment section.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Boston View Post
The article has been picked up by Brietbart and other right wing outlets (r/TheDonald), so the Trumpsters are bombing the comment section.

It wasn't enough ruining America? These people are relentless.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
It wasn't enough ruining America? These people are relentless.
Yep I was thinking the comment section was hacked by Breitbart. The underbelly of America speaking their minds. My favorite so far is "Three words Bono...Shut up and sing" That about sums that crowd up!!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseggleton View Post
Yep I was thinking the comment section was hacked by Breitbart. The underbelly of America speaking their minds. My favorite so far is "Three words Bono...Shut up and sing" That about sums that crowd up!!

I like the idea that people like U2's music so much their willing to put up with his politics and hear him sing.

But we know that's not the case because these are garbage people with nothing better to do with their lives.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #8
Y2K
Refugee

Like I said months before... subhumans.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #9
The Fly

Quote:
That's a good one, my own personal favorite is this one:

Quote:
I had several friends who attended his concert in New Orleans last week. They had to leave after an hour because all this idiot did was sing one of his ancient songs and then pontificate on politics, climate change, etc. for 15 minutes between the song. They said it was unbearable
"All they did for an HOUR" = 1 song and a 15 minute rant. Hmmm . . do they have a 45 minute "ancient song" in their catalog?

Funny enough, I was at the New Orleans show and nothing at all like this occurred. The person is either greatly exaggerating what their friends told him, or more probable -- lying their ass off.

The thing is, having posted what he/she did, whoever reads it will spread it around like it was the Gospel, incorporating that lie into their arsenal of attacks on Bono in particular and U2 in general.

Talk about "fake news."
Old 09-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Somebody claimed Bono was "pontificating" about climate change? Hmmmmm. Has he been doing that this tour? I'm not convinced.

I mean, I'm sure U2 cares about the environment and all, but aside from a brief flirtation with Greenpeace, that kind of activism has never really been their thing as a band. They skipped Al Gores big concert (can't remember what it was called now), Planet Aid or whatever it was called, and if I recall the reason was b/c Bono didn't want U2 to to be known as a crusader for every cause.

Africa, sure. But I don't remember a lot of talk about the environment at the JT show I went to.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Soooooo, supporters of a crappy Z List celebrity gameshow host, one who cannot pronounce Namibia, tell respected A List celebrity to shut up and sing? okay, sorry deplorables that one doesn't work anymore...
Old 09-21-2017, 07:53 PM   #12
War Child

New Rolling Stone Bono interview/article about SOE

I always find it funny how my fellow Americans tell people who are not from here to shut up and they cannot tell us what to do. Yet we trounce around the world like an uninvited guest spewing our beliefs.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:33 AM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Boston View Post
I want out of 2017.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
My favorite so far is "Three words Bono...Shut up and sing" That about sums that crowd up!!
I found myself thinking the same thing when I saw Bono in Indy a couple weeks ago.

I don't feel particularly strong about poltics/polticians at all. I know that having Donald Trump as our president gives me a very uneasy feeling, but as a rule I think that all politicians are crooked and are chasing the money. But I don't know what it was about it, but his American ass-kissing and political preaching were really getting on my nerves. It's like he has returned to Vertigo Tour-like preaching. It's like the guy (Bono) who is in love with the girl (America), and he is just overly gushing about how perfect and beautiful she is, and all his buddies are saying "Damn man... Ease up... BE COOL!"
Old 09-22-2017, 06:52 AM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I found myself thinking the same thing when I saw Bono in Indy a couple weeks ago.

I don't feel particularly strong about poltics/polticians at all. I know that having Donald Trump as our president gives me a very uneasy feeling, but as a rule I think that all politicians are crooked and are chasing the money. But I don't know what it was about it, but his American ass-kissing and political preaching were really getting on my nerves. It's like he has returned to Vertigo Tour-like preaching. It's like the guy (Bono) who is in love with the girl (America), and he is just overly gushing about how perfect and beautiful she is, and all his buddies are saying "Damn man... Ease up... BE COOL!"

:facepalm:

Please tell me you didn't find yourself thinking the same thing. I know you can count.