New release date? / NLOTH Release Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sirena

The Fly
According to Universal Music, the album release date is now Feb. 27 instead of March 2. Albums are usually released on Mondays (except in the US), but every now and then, a major artist or band releases it on a Friday simply because so many other albums come out on the same day (not that U2 has any competition to worry about). Britney did the same thing for "Circus" in Europe - 10 days before its scheduled release, Jive announced it for the Friday preceding the pre-set date.
I became a journalist JUST to interview U2. I hope after all these years I'll finally get to!

Yeah, Ireland on the 27th, Europe on March 2nd, North America on March 3rd.

So let me get this straight:

Japan: February 25th
Ireland/Europe (Germany, Austria, Holland, Poland, Spain, France): February 27th
Australia: February 28th
Rest of Europe: March 2nd
North America: March 3rd

Sweden: March 4th !! :doh:

In the era of the internet, staggered release dates are mind-boggling.

Ireland/Europe (Germany, Austria, Holland, Poland, Spain, France): February 27th

You sir, got owned. :wink:

Hm, I'm glad It's released on friday here, means I can pick it up after uni. I'm done ridiculously late on tuesday and wednesday!

In the era of the internet, staggered release dates are mind-boggling.

They do this for movies too. Rarely is a movie - unless it's predicted to be a juggernaut of a blockbuster - released almost everywhere at once. This is why boots of movies occur.

But at this point, it's almost moot. Either one is going to buy the CD or see the movie in a theater, or one is going to illegally download it. Or one may download, but then buy it later (usually happens with U2 fans). :) However, I highly doubt one will say, "Well, I was going to buy the CD or download from iTunes, but the Japanese release came early."

Australia: March 6th

Australia will be Feb 28. We always get albums the Saturday before worldwide release!

I dont know, they were pretty good about not letting Boots leak. I think we wont hear it until the first country gets a hold of it, or until Itunes releases it.

I dont know, they were pretty good about not letting Boots leak. I think we wont hear it until the first country gets a hold of it, or until Itunes releases it.

I would agree, but for one small point. No physical version of boots existed, they just emailed it before radio play.

With the album they will need to press millions of copies all around the world ready for the release. I will bet that at one record pressing plant, one guy somewhere in the world will liberate a copy and share it. im picking feb 20

To keep the album safe, Uni should release the album on CD-Rs burned at Uni's office, to avoid the security leaks possible with pressing.

Back
Top Bottom