New release date? / NLOTH Release Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would agree, but for one small point. No physical version of boots existed, they just emailed it before radio play.

With the album they will need to press millions of copies all around the world ready for the release. I will bet that at one record pressing plant, one guy somewhere in the world will liberate a copy and share it. im picking feb 20

that's my guess too.

In the era of the internet, staggered release dates are mind-boggling.

I couldn't agree with you more...but the reason why they do this is to insure they have #1 debuts in as many countries as possible.....for instance if U2 decided to release the album in the U.S. on Monday March 2nd instead of Tuesday March 3rd they would have a hard time being # 1 because they would only have 1 day of sales(only Monday).....because the sales week for albums in the U.S. runs from Tuesday to Monday...... maybe in Japan or Ireland it runs from Friday to Thursday...I'm not sure...but you get the point.

The fact that the Killers kept their album under wraps makes me think U2 can, at least until a week before release

Yes but there's one important point there....the Killers aren't U2...the world isn't/wasn't waiting for a new Killers album they way they are waiting for U2's upcoming release

I find all these release dates confusing. I wish they'd just release the damn thing on the same day everywhere - us Americans have to wait a week from the Japan release date to buy it.

And everyone's going to hear it on the 25th, anyway. It would make sense to release it on the same day.

It usually leaks two weeks before release. If it's coming out on the 25th in Japan, that means it'll leak on Feb. 11th or 12th, somewhere around there.

March 3 isnt that long from now, though still too long. I would be with those who say it will not leak. We will all be able to hear it on 25 February, still trying to decide whether to do that or not. In general, does the same thing happen as we did with Boots? Does a thread collect email addresses and someone kick out the MP3's? If I have the whole album, I would probably not be able to resist listening to it.

I listened to beach clips, did everything I could to get my hands on Boots previews and it didnt ruin the experience of hearing it for the first time. I am still trying to decide whether to play it differently for the album and just stay off the blue crack until I have my physical copy on March 3. I dont know, depends on how fast I perceive February to be going by when we get to the 25th. Hopefully quick, all we have to do now is wait out the shortest month of the year! And the days will be getting significantly longer as we wait!:applaud:

March 3 isnt that long from now, though still too long. I would be with those who say it will not leak. We will all be able to hear it on 25 February, still trying to decide whether to do that or not. In general, does the same thing happen as we did with Boots? Does a thread collect email addresses and someone kick out the MP3's? If I have the whole album, I would probably not be able to resist listening to it.

I listened to beach clips, did everything I could to get my hands on Boots previews and it didnt ruin the experience of hearing it for the first time. I am still trying to decide whether to play it differently for the album and just stay off the blue crack until I have my physical copy on March 3. I dont know, depends on how fast I perceive February to be going by when we get to the 25th. Hopefully quick, all we have to do now is wait out the shortest month of the year! And the days will be getting significantly longer as we wait!:applaud:

There won't be a preemptive thread, no.

It was a nightmare getting it all together for boots. The idea behind those threads was so that people request, then once they receive, THEY send it on to a few people. We didn't have that snowballing with boots, just a mass mailout, and even then, the second we had word it was on itunes, the people who had already given their email addresses flooded the site with requests rather than waiting 5 minutes to receive their email version.

I think it will be more traditional this time

I've debated whether to download or not on the 25th of Feb, and I've decided I probably will. Even if it leaks earlier than that, I will - I've already put in a preorder at Itunes, and I will buy it on March 3rd (and replace the downloaded version with the bought version.)

I don't see any problem with downloading official material if you buy it when it's available.

It was a nightmare getting it all together for boots. The idea behind those threads was so that people request, then once they receive, THEY send it on to a few people. We didn't have that snowballing with boots, just a mass mailout, and even then, the second we had word it was on itunes, the people who had already given their email addresses flooded the site with requests rather than waiting 5 minutes to receive their email version.

Now you made me feel guilty. :sad:

Well, you can't blame a fan in the first five minutes after knowing the song is out. :wink:

No physical version of boots existed, they just emailed it before radio play.

Front-1.jpg

us.jpg

I really really want to resist hearing anymore of it until I have it in physical form on March 3rd. That week that it will inevitably be all over the internet will be very hard indeed. I think it will take all my resistance.

The best thing would be to just forget about it. Then one day you'll get off work around March 10th or something and realize "oh yeah, the new U2 album came out a while back, I'll go to the store and buy it".

^Well, that would take a little lobotomy...

Thanks for clarifying! All I was thinking w/ that whole boots thread was thank God i'm not tech savvy enough to volunteer to run this thing! Its looking more and more like I will go into interference lock down mode around Feb 26 and not resurface until I have heard my physical copy of the album and formulated my opinion.

Officially one month away in Ireland...

with a video this week and an alternate NLOTH mix in a couple weeks (at least) to hold us over...
:drool:

I have been invited to the listening party (for press only) at Uni on Friday - and I can't go! Have to cover a film festival and am trying to come up with an evil plan to get out of it. :hmm:

dunno if this has been mentioned but UK iTunes has NLOTH for pre-order as of this morning... "Expected" release date is March 1st...

I have been invited to the listening party (for press only) at Uni on Friday - and I can't go! Have to cover a film festival and am trying to come up with an evil plan to get out of it. :hmm:
Evil Plan To Acquire Blue Crack:
1) Take a sick day or make up some excuse to get out of the film festival.
2) Hide a small microphone on your person.
3) Go to the listening party, making sure to stand right by the speakers for the best-quality sound and the least chatter.
4) ?????
5) PROFIT

Save us, Sirena. You're our only hope.

For Australian fans :wink: . . . this little update from U2.com landed in my in box this morning . . . hope I'm not doubling up on already posted info . . . but a girls gotta try and do the right thing :)

U2 has stormed back to Australian radio with their new single Get On Your Boots. The track is being played by every major radio network, and was the most added track at radio in its first week. U2's album No Line On The Horizon is being released in Australia on February 28th, but if you can't wait until then to get your hands on some new U2 music, the single for Get On Your Boots will be available for digital download at all the digital retailers from January 24. Check out your favourites store to download it.

Stay tuned for more details on the premiere of the video for Get On Your Boots and the release of No Line On The Horizon.

Get On Your Boots digital download available from January 24. (iTunes , GetMusic )

No Line On The Horizon in stores February 28. (JB HiFi , GetMusic )

:up: getting a little excited :hyper:

Don't if this has been posted before. From U2.com:

spacer.gif
Early Horizon in Ireland
If you're in Ireland, the single and album will be with you ahead of everyone else in the world.

'Get On Your Boots' will be released in Ireland on Friday February 13th.

'No Line on the Horizon' will be released on Friday, February 27th.

More as we get it.

Then it's official that there's nothing such as a release on the 25th on Japan.

Evil Plan To Acquire Blue Crack:
1) Take a sick day or make up some excuse to get out of the film festival.
2) Hide a small microphone on your person.
3) Go to the listening party, making sure to stand right by the speakers for the best-quality sound and the least chatter.
4) ?????
5) PROFIT

Save us, Sirena. You're our only hope.

I actually have found a way out! I'm based in Paris and there's a huge general strike on Thursday, and the railway system will be in shambles. My editor still wants me to go because John Landis will be there and he's ot even giving interviews, just a press conf. Is it worth missing the U2 listening party just for a press conf?? I think not! Especially as I've been informed the band might be doing some promos in the next couple of weeks! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

U2 or John Landis.......tough choice, both legends. I think you should go to John Landis and then tell him that you are missing a U2 preview because of his press conference and that to make it up he should direct U2's next video - a 15-minute big-budget spectacular a la Thriller.

I just want to see Bono turn into a werewolf :lol:

Back
Top Bottom