new recording outside HQ.. very clear! (no links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,

I looked thru the thread for a link and there's none, the youtube video is down also, if anyone has a spare few mins, could you forward the link to:

dub2501@yahoo.com

cheers.

Thank you so much, I'm listening now....

It reminds me of sounds from the seventies, can't think of any particular band, just my first impression of the guitar work.

The way Bono sings the words in the first seconds, reminds me of Sting, not Stings voice, but just the way he almost talks through some passages very fast.

Rob, I think Bono definately sings waaaaalk instead of oooohhhhhh
and then: out into the street with your heart out..

:applaud:

Thank you so much, I'm listening now....

It reminds me of sounds from the seventies, can't think of any particular band, just my first impression of the guitar work.

The way Bono sings the words in the first seconds, reminds me of Sting, not Stings voice, but just the way he almost talks through some passages very fast.

Rob, I think Bono definately sings waaaaalk instead of oooohhhhhh
and then: out into the street with your heart out..

:applaud:

:hmm:

On listening a few more times, I think you're right...although singing "walk" in that high powerful falsetto is much harder I think than "oohhh"....if he's really singing "walk" like that, that is pretty incredible. But it does sound like it. :up:

So here's the new revised version:

From 3 seconds to about 22 seconds:

Please let me breathe...
All along we've stuck together,
Fifteen and I know better than,
to lose again, not stronger then,
been a hard fought day, yeah, yeah...

Starting at about 28 seconds ending at around 57 seconds:

Oh please. Oh please. Please let me brr- brrreathe...
And now I need room to breathe...
I give you away. To forget you, feel you, let you in...
Walk out...
Out into the street.
With your heart out..

I need room to breathe.
With your heart out.
Don't give up, please.

starting at 1 minute 1 second and ending at around 1:15:

Let me in now.
Now, pleeeeeease.
Now pleeease.
Pleeeeeeeease.
I must breathe in.

then at at 1:17, heavy distorted guitar begins.

No... (at 1:20)

Starting at around 1:30, and this last part is really hard to discern I'm not quite sure about it...I hear something like this:

Let me breathe.
Look for meee...
for me. Oh....

somethin like that, at least...he might sing "walk now, out into the street, with your heart out" but at least we have a decent rough draft for anyone interested in the lyrics :)

Not to steal your thunder Rob, but I remember everybody trying to stab Love and Peace or Else, Miracle Drug, Vertigo and All Because of You's lyrics and what we came up with was nothing like the actual lyrics we ended up having. Not saying what you have is incorrect, but the chances are it is :wink: it'll be funny to see the errors again come October/November. But I do hear "Walk out into the street with your heart out" la la la la something out, lalalalalal

From about 1:25 on for a few seconds, it sounds similar to the "adambass" clip from U2.com. Not sure if that's been mentioned. the guitar part.

Back
Top Bottom