New Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have to pick something on a stellar album.
Agreed. But that's one of my favs on AB and most people seem to consider it the least good song! At least most people aren't saying the song is bad. ?

I just find it interesting that there seems to be a lot of agreement about what is the least good song for both AB and JT (as well as a few other albums I guess). A lot of people seem to consider TTYW the least good JT song. That I might agree with, but I'm not sure.

Agreed. But that's one of my favs on AB and most people seem to consider it the least good song! At least most people aren't saying the song is bad. ?

I just find it interesting that there seems to be a lot of agreement about what is the least good song for both AB and JT (as well as a few other albums I guess). A lot of people seem to consider TTYW the least good JT song. That I might agree with, but I'm not sure.
Tryin to Throw Your Arms was performed on that ZooTV Outside Broadcast thing. During it the little instrumental break was really emphasised, just basic chords being strummed but it gave the song a real high point.
Since then I've liked the song more.
And the wee noodly guitar riff is cool.
And the lyrics are awesome.
It is a really good song.
But what else is less awesome on that album?

Tryin to Throw Your Arms was performed on that ZooTV Outside Broadcast thing. During it the little instrumental break was really emphasised, just basic chords being strummed but it gave the song a real high point.
Since then I've liked the song more.
And the wee noodly guitar riff is cool.
And the lyrics are awesome.
It is a really good song.
But what else is less awesome on that album?

Well, it's my second favorite song on the album. So 10 songs are. Though keep in mind that AB is my second favorite U2 album, so I love all of the songs. WGRYWH, The Fly, UTEOTW, One, etc are all amazing songs. I've always loved how chill TTTYAATW is. It's so relaxing to listen to and is a perfect lead-in to UV (my favorite song). I love it and wish it got more love than it does!

For some more perspective, Acrobat and Love is Blindness are my least favorites on AB. I always kind of wished the album ended with Ultra Violet since it would be such an epic ending. Though on second thought, I'm glad it isn't the last song cause I still want Acrobat and Love Is Blindness on the album, since I still like those songs a lot.

a. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

b. Heartland

C. Heartland wins by a good margin. I do really enjoy Wild Horses though

Trip through your wires.

Miracle Drug.

Close thing, but trip probably will shade iMiracle Drug over time.

Back
Top Bottom