New Demos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't care what you believe. Its that simple. I provided the samples, no one else did.

I'm not having a go at you, there is no need to get defensive. What I am saying though is that it appears that it is only your opinions that they are different songs. What proof do you have that they are different? Unless you have the whole songs? Or far more info on where they came from? I'm also not saying that I'm not open to having my mind changed, but without proof I'm going to trust my opinions.

Where did the samples come from?

He could tell you but then he'd have to kill you!

Thanks Blue Room for sharing what you have regardless of your source. It all sounds like soundcheck jamming to me but cool nonetheless. I like the tremolo effect Edge seems to using.

thanks for posting these 'your blue room'. The 1st song (in the demo of 2 songs) sounds like its from the HTDAAB era. However the MP3 sounds like the same song, but from more recent times (I don't know why it just does).

There's something about the song which reminds me of SMILE from the unreleased/rare, anyone else agree?

Yeah, I didn't want to seem ungrateful Blue Room - your efforts are appreciated!

I know, I'm not offended. After the backlash I took the last time this is tame and somewhat refreshing to be honest. Must be the *disclaimer* :lol: My point is if you don't believe me that is your perogative. I have no reason to lie on something like that. Obviously I have both songs complete. I'm not posting either full song and probably not anything further from them for various reasons that I'm not going to get into and I know a lot of you wont like that. Oh well, I will live. I have my reasons.

I will say it is U2 jamming out two new songs, they are separate but similiar, but definately 2 songs. It is actually quite interesting to listen to it as Bono gets it started. Similiar to the Hansa sessions how he directs things. I posted these because they are somewhat "different" from the usual "souncheck" jam recordings (which can be interesting at times as well) and that is why I posted them. I thought it was kind of funny with the thread conversation last year also that prompted it. Obviously in hindsite it was not! :lol: The only thing I know/or will share about them is I know they are post ATYCLB. So my "guess" is they are NOT part of the new album.

Regarding soundcheck jams, they are interesting also as I said. The song No Line On The Horizon was sort of started in a jam on the Vertigo tour. The basic guitar, bass and drums came from that jam. The structure, polishing and lyrics are obviously not the same though but elements that made the song are there. We have all heard the Hansa Sessions and the rough jamming with Jimmy Iovine during the Rattle and Hum filming. That is obviously how U2 works on new stuff and that has not changed. They go into the studio and jam rough ideas they have or got during the prior tour in soundcheck OR go back to older ideas (which is why I say who knows what they are using as a base for the new album, other than those in the studio with them currently, so I can't say it wont be used, just doubt it.) Then take that "jam session recording" as a base to start the actual main recording process in the studio with their producer. ;)

Sorry for the long response. But I'm trying to provide as much clarity as I can or I'm willing to without starting a new war here. That is it. :)

I know, I'm not offended. After the backlash I took the last time this is tame and somewhat refreshing to be honest. Must be the *disclaimer* :lol: My point is if you don't believe me that is your perogative. I have no reason to lie on something like that. Obviously I have both songs complete. I'm not posting either full song and probably not anything further from them for various reasons that I'm not going to get into and I know a lot of you wont like that. Oh well, I will live. I have my reasons.

I will say it is U2 jamming out two new songs, they are separate but similiar, but definately 2 songs. It is actually quite interesting to listen to it as Bono gets it started. Similiar to the Hansa sessions how he directs things. I posted these because they are somewhat "different" from the usual "souncheck" jam recordings (which can be interesting at times as well) and that is why I posted them. I thought it was kind of funny with the thread conversation last year also that prompted it. Obviously in hindsite it was not! :lol: The only thing I know/or will share about them is I know they are post ATYCLB. So my "guess" is they are NOT part of the new album.

Regarding soundcheck jams, they are interesting also as I said. The song No Line On The Horizon was sort of started in a jam on the Vertigo tour. The basic guitar, bass and drums came from that jam. The structure, polishing and lyrics are obviously not the same though but elements that made the song are there. We have all heard the Hansa Sessions and the rough jamming with Jimmy Iovine during the Rattle and Hum filming. That is obviously how U2 works on new stuff and that has not changed. They go into the studio and jam rough ideas they have or got during the prior tour in soundcheck OR go back to older ideas (which is why I say who knows what they are using as a base for the new album, other than those in the studio with them currently, so I can't say it wont be used, just doubt it.) Then take that "jam session recording" as a base to start the actual main recording process in the studio with their producer. ;)

Sorry for the long response. But I'm trying to provide as much clarity as I can or I'm willing to without starting a new war here. That is it. :)

Thank you Blue Room, but can you tell us how many song do you have from this "session"? no more questions!

thanks!!

They should just drop 2 albums on us at once. Tom Waits did it way back in 2002. Hell, Green Day recently released 3 of them within as many months!

They should just drop 2 albums on us at once. Tom Waits did it way back in 2002. Hell, Green Day recently released 3 of them within as many months!

I haven't heard the Green Day albums but I've been told that no1 is ok, no2 is rubbish and no3 is pretty good- they could have made one great album out of the them

I'm not sure many bands can deliver 20 great songs in one go

my teens are big music lovers and love these latest Green Day albums, and apparently a 4th is on its way - i've heard all 3 and think they're pretty good - i just think it's great they've put the music out there...

As much as I'd love sister records, multiple albums can definitely be an error. Ryan Adams did three in a year and was a career misstep for him. You risk looking like a megalomaniac, which U2 hears enough about already!

^ It was also my feeling about Chilli Peppers Stadium Arcadium - 28 tracks, 14 of which are genuine filler. Could have been a very very good album with a tight 10-14 tracks.

Am I the only one who'd quite happily take 14 great songs and 14 filler tracks over just 14 great songs?

no, me too! i'm not fussy! (well, it depends lol) :D

plus you can guarantee that someone's "filler" will be someone else's "great song" - the more the merrier i say!

Am I the only one who'd quite happily take 14 great songs and 14 filler tracks over just 14 great songs?

The other thing to consider here is that what constitutes 14 'great' songs to one person wouldn't necessarily be 'great' for another one. Because of that, I wouldn't mind seeing as much new music as possible.

Back
Top Bottom