New Bono collaboration? Pride of Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamishmc

Babyface
Howdy,
Does anyone know if this is a new Bono collaboration (it's for the Irish Football team)? He's about the only Irish celeb not in the video but it sounds like him singing, along with andrea corr? and shane mcgowan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Q9PmfqdCQ

I don't hear it. :shrug: Bono's got a very charactheristic voice, especially when you've heard it so many times as we have. There's one in there that sounds similar to his but I'm sure it's not his voice. It sounds like his 80's voice at times, but no, that's not Bono.

There's a Joshua Tree at the beginning of the video and a picture of Bono flashes up at 4:01.

There are moments it sounds like a Bono soundalike, their website doesn't help much...

And the font on the OP looks sort of odd...like it was copy-pasted from somewhere. Add this to the whole "one post" thing, and I'm guessing this is bad viral marketing.

EDIT: Oh, hey, here's the exact same post by the exact same guy over on AtU2:
http://forum.atu2.com/index.php?topic=12204.0

I suggest a lockin' is in order. :lock:

Thanks for the welcome!

Some pretty harsh comments there...
I'm just trying to find out whats going on. It sounds like he's singing in a key lower than he normaly would but thats prob cos he's accomodating other singers. I hadn't even noticed the josh tree and the flash and agree about the edge. I've been a massive fan since two hearts and probably haven't seen them as much as most of you (4 times) but theres def some with or without you stuff going on there. An irish joke taking the mickey out of the french, sounds like the sort of thing he would get up to.

Some pretty harsh comments there...
I'm just trying to find out whats going on. It sounds like he's singing in a key lower than he normaly would but thats prob cos he's accomodating other singers. I hadn't even noticed the josh tree and the flash and agree about the edge. I've been a massive fan since two hearts and probably haven't seen them as much as most of you (4 times) but theres def some with or without you stuff going on there. An irish joke taking the mickey out of the french, sounds like the sort of thing he would get up to.
While I still don't think it's Bono, I am really sorry for assuming you were an advertiser. Since you seem like another fan, welcome to Interference! :)

Hi hamishmc, welcome to Interference!

I may be wrong, but I think this is made by fake celebrities, is this being used in Ireland as official promo of the national team? I'm not there at the moment, but when I was in April people were still really dissapointed with the French team and the Federation.

I must say though, whoever is singing as Bono actually really pulls off the 1987 era Dalton Bros Kermit style of singing quite well.

at 4:02 there's a subliminal 'Bono Flash' with him wearing fly shades!

I think it sounds very similar to him, but its not, BUSTED

Nirniva, thanks for the welcome and fully understand, no harm done.
Marien, not sure if it's being used officialy in Ireland, haven't seen it anywhere (but everyone's still pissed!).
Danny Boy (that's the tune that they've used in the song, classic!) I know ronnie drew's dead (was greatly saddened by it!) I think he's just in the video as a tribute, see YouTube - U2 Dublin 2009-07-24 The Auld Triangle.

I guess time will tell.

at 4:02 there's a subliminal 'Bono Flash' with him wearing fly shades!

I think it sounds very similar to him, but its not, BUSTED

Was that a MythBusters reference? If so, you win at life.
Also, thanks for posting the Danny Boy video, Hamish! I've never seen it before...seems like it would have been a really powerful moment.

There's a Joshua Tree at the beginning of the video and a picture of Bono flashes up at 4:01.

There are moments it sounds like a Bono soundalike, their website doesn't help much...

I agree - there are times there's a Bono-ish voice (sometimes his 80's voice, sometimes his current voice), but it's not Bono.

I also saw the JT at the beginning - that was clearly their tribute to U2. :)

Back
Top Bottom