New album release date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wikipedia lets you see who made changes to the articles, when they made them, and what they did. This is the IP address of the person who made the change to say "Break Through" and also made the record label "Universal" instead of "Island" ---

Looking at that person's history, this is the only change/addition they've ever made on Wikipedia. Doubtful that they really know what they're talking about, otherwise I'd expect that they would've added more to the U2 wiki mythology (as opposed to making a change that was directly referenced in this thread----Island to Universal----only several hours after it was first addressed).

As for tracking through to see who first added the whole "New Studio Album" entry, it's tricky to do because of various loopholes in the way Wikipedia works....:huh:

Hahahahahahahaha

So, I tracked the IP address using an online IP tracker, and guess where that IP tracks to?

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
ISP: Shaw Communications, Inc.

Sanchez, seeing as how you're the first one to have mentioned that the title was changed to "Break Through," aaaaaaaaannnnndddddd you list your location as "Edmonton, Alberta, Canada"................

I think you've been busted.

:lmao: :lmao:

Utoo said:
Hahahahahahahaha

So, I tracked the IP address using an online IP tracker, and guess where that IP tracks to?

Sanchez, seeing as how you're the first one to have mentioned that the title was changed to "Break Through," aaaaaaaaannnnndddddd you list your location as "Edmonton, Alberta, Canada"................

Nice work detective. :wink:

Utoo said:
Hahahahahahahaha

creepy

don't stalk me :reject:

Varitek said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=U2_discography&oldid=169188011

that's the first iteration of the page that has the new album on it...strangely the timestamp is after this thread started, 2 minutes after if wikipedia is using GMT.
:eyebrow: Actually, maybe I'm missing something, but by my math this thread was started almost an hour after the timestamp. The timestamp says 17:12 (assuming GMT). The thread was started at 12:00 CST. There's a six hour difference between the two, so 17:12 GMT would be 11:12 CMT.

Harry Vest said:
Wasn't JT released in the spring of 1987???????
So much for the "fall release" theory!!!!

Is this a serious comment or am I just terrible at picking up sarcasm?

Harry Vest said:
Wasn't JT released in the spring of 1987???????
So much for the "fall release" theory!!!!

Ever since UF's October 1984 release, every U2 album has either been released in the fourth quarter or was meant to be released in the fourth quarter (with the obvious exception of the spur-of-the-moment Zooropa). JT was meant to be released fourth quarter 1986, and Pop was meant to be released fourth quarter 1996.

"Passengers" album: March 27 2008

U2 album: November 17 2008

Does it create a paradox if one assumes that U2 have never actually had to do any work, because Edge brought back all the finished U2 albums from the future, and they simply released them as needed, without ever having had to record them? :ohmy:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Does it create a paradox if one assumes that U2 have never actually had to do any work, because Edge brought back all the finished U2 albums from the future, and they simply released them as needed, without ever having had to record them? :ohmy:

I think that could create a paradox.:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom