New album promotion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2search

War Child
We've had iPod/iTunes and Brooklyn Bridge for HTDAAB.

What do you think U2 will do to promote the new album?

My guess: They'll have their own Guitar Hero.

And a gig at the O2 :)

well the last three albums have all had some sort of gig/appearance in new york to kick it off... pop had k-mart, all that you can't leave behind had irving plaza, bomb had brookln and the flatbed truck tour...

so i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that something shall be done in new york again.

Conan again plz :pray:

that'd be awesome

man what if they went on the daily show or colbert report?! that would make my life :D

Guitar Hero 4 comes out October 27 ... how long does it take to add a song to development? would they have time to add the single to this game? if not then it'll maybe be one of the downloadable ones. personally I doubt they'll have a whole GH just for U2 though I know it's been rumored

I think they should do another iPod ad.

Think they'll have some extra special deluxe edition of the album with a book of Adam's crayon drawings or whatever?

they'll be playing a new album release gig from the cantina at Mos Isley Spaceport. followed by a tour of the galaxy on the Death Star. no more stadiums or arena's when you can take the venue on tour with you. and of course you know Vader will and his new band the Dark Helmets will be the opening act.

I'm thinking Sirius Satellite Radio channel. Springsteen had one for his new album. REM had one for theirs. Stones had one too. Some were shorter-lived than others, but all were inspired by a new release by the artist. I could see McGuinness and U2 loving the idea of a radio station playing all U2. McGuinness loves it as it's a paid service and U2 loves it because it gets music out to all their fans. :)

I'm thinking Sirius Satellite Radio channel. Springsteen had one for his new album. REM had one for theirs. Stones had one too. Some were shorter-lived than others, but all were inspired by a new release by the artist. I could see McGuinness and U2 loving the idea of a radio station playing all U2. McGuinness loves it as it's a paid service and U2 loves it because it gets music out to all their fans. :)

Yeah this seems to be a trend, XM is having Coldplay month starting July 15th.

that's shea stadium.

yankee stadium is scheduled to close in november with some sort of ceremony.

Oh, sorry, I'm just not tht into sports and I live in Florida so neither place has any connection for me. I suppose it's possible that they could do something then as a promo appearance like the lead ups to the last two releases and it is New York so I quess you can't rule it out.

Dana

Sirius Satellite Radio is probably a US only service, never heard of it here.

Oh, sorry, I'm just not tht into sports and I live in Florida so neither place has any connection for me. I suppose it's possible that they could do something then as a promo appearance like the lead ups to the last two releases and it is New York so I quess you can't rule it out.

Dana

yea... we've got a lot of stadiums.

It's going to be old school & old media promotion:
Metal lunch boxes
Toys in cereal boxes
Surprises in Cracker Jack
First 1,000 to enter Yankee Stadium get a Bono bobblehead.

That sort of stuff.

It's going to be old school & old media promotion:
Metal lunch boxes
Toys in cereal boxes
Surprises in Cracker Jack
First 1,000 to enter Yankee Stadium get a Bono bobblehead.

That sort of stuff.

This is awesome.

Perhaps they should advertise on TV
Or put up moving billboards in New York City/Tokyo
Or drive in a limo shouting out in a megaphone that the album is coming out soon.
Maybe even buy an airship and fly it over cities and stadiums with flashy lights.
How about bungee jumping off the Empire State Building/Eiffel Tower etc.

There is a lot of creative things they can do :D:wink:

Second thoughts:
- single: (RED) music service
- album: Guitar Hero
- live: Point Depot then O2

As long as the album's great, which hasn't happened in over a decade, I don't mind them appearing on SNL and all those shows. I'd prefer if Bono acted more real though; enough with the antics and shoving shoes in the camera, though, I guess, he always did that kind of stuff. He does move differently, though, since the new millennium, more like a rapper or something. The swagger has changed.

Back
Top Bottom