New album in October ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Says atu2.com_

NEW @U2 HOT PRESS: U2 ALBUM IN OCTOBER
January 26, 2008
posted by: m2
In its new issue, Hot Press magazine previews some of the albums that are due in 2008 from Irish artists, and says U2's new album "is likely to emerge in October." Just an FYI. (Thx BM)

I can't say I'd be shocked, though I'm expecting November myself - specifically the Monday/Tuesday before Black Friday in the US.

Though without a clear source, I suppose we should take this with a grain of salt. "Hot Press says so" isn't good enough for me.

They have a 50% shot of getting the month right, so not really going out on a limb...

Well, I think that should not come as a surprise. Although I do believe that is pure speculation on their side as well.

Let's hope they book the tour right now too. How could that possibly go wrong???? :hyper:

shart1780 said:
I think it will come out in November. How much money will you give me if Im right?

all the money from the tour will go your way...i'll inform U2's management if you're right

the tourist said:
I'd say more like an 8.3% chance.

Oh, we all know U2 will never release an album in any month other than October or November. McGuinness has pretty much said so.

i dont think it makes much of a difference to them finacially, they're going to make the money whether its all at once or over a period of time and its not like theyre scrounging for change at the moment. If the album is any good it shouldnt matter when its released. They should let the thing stand on its own feet, who remembers anything specific during the holidays anyway.

Yes, but if you time the release correctly in the fourth quarter, the lead single will fall in one Grammy's cycle and the album will fall in the next. And Bono seems to think an album surviving two Christmas periods is a sign of longevity.

I disagree entirely with the logic of Bono and McGuinness regarding fourth quarter releases, and who gives a shit about the Grammy's, but I don't see a sudden shift in their mentality before this album comes out. I'd love for them to surprise us all and spring it on us in June, but right now it hardly looks possible.

Aardvark747 said:
The usual Christmas cash in from the boys from Dublin...:drool:

If U2 want to cash, they should definitely not tour the US next year. Almost $1,50 to 1 Euro.. :huh: :huh:
Touring Europe (approx. 95 Euro per ticket, would earn more money than touring the US...

I'd be happy with an October release.

Figure we'll get tiny pieces of info on the album in the late spring time (well, spring time for NY), then the usual full out marketing blitz mid/late summer, with a video in September (although it will never be on MTV and only at 4am on VH1)

Fall releases are perfectly fine for me. I'm always more in the mood for new music with winter approaching, not summer. Let's hope it's true.

Axver said:
I'd love for them to surprise us all and spring it on us in June, but right now it hardly looks possible.

Yes. Release it in June, tour Australia/New Zealand/South America/Japan in November and December; then tour the US in February-early May; then take 3 months off to record all the leftovers from the album sessions into an EP to release in August, the day the European tour starts; then tour Europe from early August-late October.

the tourist said:

Yes. Release it in June, tour Australia/New Zealand/South America/Japan in November and December; then tour the US in February-early May; then take 3 months off to record all the leftovers from the album sessions into an EP to release in August, the day the European tour starts; then tour Europe from early August-late October.

:drool:

wtonis said:

If U2 want to cash, they should definitely not tour the US next year. Almost $1,50 to 1 Euro.. :huh: :huh:
Touring Europe (approx. 95 Euro per ticket, would earn more money than touring the US...

Or they could just charge a higher price in dollars for an equal concert ticket price trans-continent.

Back
Top Bottom