New Album Discussion: Worthwhile, Informative, And Not Even Slightly Grating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They'd be stupid to not follow this very simple timeline.

Fall 2012: Release new album.
2013: Tour arenas in US, stadiums in Europe (3-4 years since visiting most cities, some even longer). R&H 25th anniversary reissue.
2014: Early- play Australia, South America, Japan, maybe elsewhere. Ideally the tour will be a simpler design, thus taking less time and $ to transport, and will able to play arenas in Asia if necessary. Tour ends in spring. Back to boring.
2015: Boring.
2016: Boring. Fall Release album.
2017: Tour. Pop 20th anniversary reissue, Pop songs finally return to the setlists.
2018: Tour / Boring
2019: Boring
2020: Boring / Fall release album, 40th anniversary hype etc.
2021: Tour
2022: Tour ends. Career encompassing Greatest Hits released. U2 are never heard from again.

I guess no one ever learned anything new about the unknown new song they rehearsed in Anaheim. :hmm: I was hoping someone recorded it because now I can't remember too much about it, but it seems no one knows anything. It was full band though, Bono singing etc. Anyone else there remember any lyrics or anything?

I guess no one ever learned anything new about the unknown new song they rehearsed in Anaheim. :hmm: I was hoping someone recorded it because now I can't remember too much about it, but it seems no one knows anything. It was full band though, Bono singing etc. Anyone else there remember any lyrics or anything?

this is all u2gigs had about the soundcheck

By U2 themselves: The Fly, guitar improvisation/jam by Bono, Magnificent, Magnificent intro twice, Ultra Violet twice, unknown (new?) song, The Fly again, and Even Better Than The Real Thing.

this is all u2gigs had about the soundcheck

By U2 themselves: The Fly, guitar improvisation/jam by Bono, Magnificent, Magnificent intro twice, Ultra Violet twice, unknown (new?) song, The Fly again, and Even Better Than The Real Thing.

Thanks, I was just checking back to the post by sharebear who is the only other person I can find who remembers this and they said this:
(sharebear I hope you don't mind me quoting you, I'm so glad you took notes because I was beginning to feel a little bit crazy!)

From my notes of the band anaheim 1 soundcheck:
fly
bono jam
magnificent
magnificent intro x2
ultraviolet
ultraviolet
unknown new song
fly
even better

New song sounded pretty raw. Bono had a riff and Edge had a good guitar part. Had some lyrics but lot of scat singing. Bass/drums came in partway thru. Sounded very achtung baby era-ish...wondered if it was something they found going through the achtung baby tapes for remastering. Kept repeating "I wanna know."

It was discussed briefly here:
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...ecks-spoiler-alert-209609-25.html#post7245873

Maybe we'll hear it on the AB extras. :hmm:

Hmm...I wonder what's going on over in New Album Discussion? Probably nothi-

Google Translate

blasting new songs already?
tumblr_lo7d29YZDy1qckzpuo1_500.gif

It's probably a false alarm, and even if it's not, the finished product is probably years away... but still, i can't help but go :hyper:
I'll just sit here and wait for some actual clips to turn up on youtube :shifty:

yeah, i wouldn't even want beach clips right now considering we won't have a new album for another 2 years at least.

yeah, i wouldn't even want beach clips right now considering we won't have a new album for another 2 years at least.

I don't know, I believe we're gonna have a new album sooner than you think.

I also think now is not the best moment, they have to wait some time to let people forget about 360°, but I really believe we're going to have new material next year.

I don't know, I believe we're gonna have a new album sooner than you think.

I also think now is not the best moment, they have to wait some time to let people forget about 360°, but I really believe we're going to have new material next year.
Fall 2012 seems perfect to me...just far enough away to feel like the beginning of a new U2 era, but not unreasonably so.

But, yeah, beach clips now would be nice. I want a taste of what U2 + Danger Mouse sounds like, dammit! :waiting:

so how do y'all think this album is going to sound? the club album seems to have fallen through.. the meditative stuff shelved.. will they go for classic bombast? or maybe slinkier, groovier sounding tunes?

If they're still with Danger Mouse, will he push them toward a lush, Broken Bells sort of sound? or primal, bare bones tunes?

so how do y'all think this album is going to sound? the club album seems to have fallen through.. the meditative stuff shelved.. will they go for classic bombast? or maybe slinkier, groovier sounding tunes?

If they're still with Danger Mouse, will he push them toward a lush, Broken Bells sort of sound? or primal, bare bones tunes?

Do we know for sure that Danger Mouse isn't working on the meditative songs (SOA)? I've lost track of all this. Is it possible that what he's working on is/was Songs of Ascent?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the next album had a Broken Bells feel to it.

Back
Top Bottom