New album build up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
wi the lads in the studio working on new album I wondered how long till the usual bono soundbites regarding the new album start surfacing?
You know........the age old, edge is really playing some great guitar should get its usual airing. Wonder what other classic Bono-isms we will get. What you think?

Reports seem to be that they are not currently in the studio, or doing anything musically for that matter. Perhaps I am mistaken.

I can't wait for Edge to start talking about wanting to see what a guitar can do in a rock band, and that the album is up there with JT and AB.

Bono:
Song XXX will be one of our, if not our biggest hit ever!!!
Edge is on fire
Adam is on fire
I want to lose myself in the music
Change the tempature in a room

Edge:
Really want to discover what the electric guitar can do
Trying to find how to make the electric guitar relevant again

Adam:
We have quite a few leftovers from the last session, in the vein of Pop songs
We really didn't have a lot of radio success with the last album, so we wanted to create a album that will be heard on the radio, rather than the lead single.

You will hear "the Edge is on fire" about a million times in the next couple of years...guaranteed!
They are on a little break from making the album.
Also, I hope the next album is a lot more lyric based...The sound will be there, hopefully the lyrics will be too.

yeah wtf does that mean? harder than rock? so hard it somehow cancels itself out into being softer than the previous two in a way we cant even comprehend until it is heard for the first time? then he says he wants space around his voice...

They were going to record Bono singing over the ocean waves hitting the beach with Adam opening beer bottles to keep a beat and The Edge surfing, but then...

"Larry hit the brakes on that idea."

love2bmama said:
what was it that Bono said recently? It's either going to be more rock or not rock at all? Man, that guy is good at saying something without saying anything at all.

I understood what he meant. :shrug:

In the months leading up to the new album:

Bono will talk about an amazing new song called Mercy, sending Interference into a frenzy. Edge will admit months later that it was a practical joke. Days later authorities will search for murder suspects in ETYKIW.

U2 will continue to parallel the Beatles when Larry writes a song about an Octopus.

Bono will start stealing lyrics from children's books. These lyrics will still be better than those in WITS.

In a rare scene, Bono will say that Edge is not on fire then adds that it is opposite day. Larry punches Bono.

Bono will get a Thesaurus. Actually, that's more of a hope then a prediction.

Screwtape2 said:
Bono will get a Thesaurus. Actually, that's more of a hope then a prediction.

The first entry Bono looks up ...

Main Entry: kneel
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: stoop
Synonyms: bow, bow down, curtsey, do obeisance, genuflect, kowtow, prostrate oneself

"Blessings not just for the ones who do obeisance while I rhapsodise to love!"

Bono: "The Edge has truly transformed into a dragon that spits fire before flying to Jupiter. He's truly gone mad with this one. A man possessed. We're really creating some of the best work we've ever done. We're finally hitting our stride. Y'know I've always said 2 crap albums in a row and you're outta there, but luckily we're still a contender for Best Band In The World. It's truly an incredible thing to be in the room with a rock band that's more like a 747. It's even more amazing to be on a 747 with a band like a 747. Full flight. And God is no longer in the room. He's our pilot."

Edge: "Well I really sat down with the idea of deconstructing the electric guitar and it's role in rock and pop music. We took it a step further and began to experiment in unconventional song structure. Bono was very intent on experimenting with hip hop culture and technique, looking across the other side of the pond and seeing all the exciting innovations they were making. We fooled with samples and simple verse-chorus-verse 16 bar structure. It was then that we realized that by adding some more conventional material to the mix that we could come up with some really strong material. I rate it against anything we've done.

Larry: Basically, everything Bono said meant nothing at all. And everything Edge said basically explains that we fiddled with hip hop influences for a moment before I put an end to all that shit and we wrote good old fashioned U2 songs again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom