Neil McCormick comments on NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally agree...I come here for info/news/rumours ...not for who likes what that isn't even out yet....

For the people complaining about the album when it comes out....I'll do exactly like I did with the last 2 albums....I won't be coming here anymore: I'll be too busy listening (and likely enjoying) the new album....no need to come here anymore: no more news, no more rumours....just people complaining....well I rather be listening to the album and making my own mind. (and I personnaly don't need to "share" my thoughts that much to make me feel better about the album. I like or not, I will likely keep to myself anyway)

I'm right there with you. I lurked around before HTDAAB to get all the news/clips, and then disappeared for a few months after the album came out. Then I'd check in occasionally until things started gearing up with NLOTH and now I'm massively addicted (I think 95% of my posts are from the last month). But once March comes, I'm probably out of here, except to get info on promo performances, magazine articles, etc.

:ohmy: Man, this thread should really have a more clear title!

2nd version of NLOTH at the end is great news :up:

and it's not like they're giving us something like with HTDAAB (I think that's why so many people are not happy with this).
They're not giving us ABOY and ABOY (alt. mix)
from the Q article it looks like they're giving us a fast punkrock song and something like a mix of MOTD and LIB (soundwise), two totaly diferent songs with the same title (and lyrics probably) :hyper:

:ohmy: Man, this thread should really have a more clear title!

2nd version of NLOTH at the end is great news :up:

and it's not like they're giving us something like with HTDAAB (I think that's why so many people are not happy with this).
They're not giving us ABOY and ABOY (alt. mix)
from the Q article it looks like they're giving us a fast punkrock song and something like a mix of MOTD and LIB (soundwise), two totaly diferent songs with the same title (and lyrics probably) :hyper:

i thought you meant "match of the day" when I first read that!:lol:

It sounds to me like NLOTHv2 will be a hidden track on every edition of the album, not a bonus track.

It sounds to me like NLOTHv2 will be a hidden track on every edition of the album, not a bonus track.

thats where I'm going with this too!

my perfect scenario = NLOTHV2 is hidden track, Fez -bb is Tripoli, WAS is Winter and the bonus track is EBW! :drool::drool:

I hate it when we know there is a track that is made and we don't get to hear it!

To me this would make perfect sense. U2.com didn't mention it on the list, because they want it to be surprise. Remember Bono's and Edge's comments:
"It's very long..." and "I want people to really listen to the album".

So those onlineshops that list track 12 might have not known that it was suppose to be a hidden track.

This is all just speculation, but I've seen more incredible speculations here :wink:

They did record two versions of the title song but we won't know which one made the cut until we hear the album.

Personally I'd rather hear Tripoli (unless it became Fez-Being born), Winter (unless it's now White as snow), Every breaking wave or those "two unnamed songs" Bono played to the writer of the Q article over two versions of the same song.

I think the "Killer twist" just may be a really great closing song that differs from the rest of the album, ie like 40 is different to all the passionate guitars and drums on War.

They did record two versions of the title song but we won't know which one made the cut until we hear the album.

Personally I'd rather hear Tripoli (unless it became Fez-Being born), Winter (unless it's now White as snow), Every breaking wave or those "two unnamed songs" Bono played to the writer of the Q article over two versions of the same song.

I think the "Killer twist" just may be a really great closing song that differs from the rest of the album, ie like 40 is different to all the passionate guitars and drums on War.

I'm thinking the killer twist has got to be the two versions of NLOTH...except the second one is sung by Johnny Cash :D

Man some of the bloggers leaving comments to Neil are hilarious. One guy says:

... more importantly I'm looking forward to the new Depeche Mode album "Sounds of the Universe" -it's a cracker by all accounts. A far more interesting band than U2 have ever been

:blahblah:

So just to summarize, did I read there's a rumor that there will be a 2nd NLOTH after Cedars and then another Bonus (ie a big twist at the end?)? Again is this pure speculation or do we have a source?

So just to summarize, did I read there's a rumor that there will be a 2nd NLOTH after Cedars and then another Bonus (ie a big twist at the end?)? Again is this pure speculation or do we have a source?

at this point it's speculation

Back
Top Bottom