Mysterious song list - help to identify!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are people sure that title is "Chromium Chords"? The first word is started with a C, but the 2nd word doesn't look like it starts with a C at all, it's really scrunched together and hard to tell.

I dont know maybe I misunderstood but I hope your right and Im wrong because the Tripoli that I heard on the clip trailer sounded different and would be great to hear on the next record.Id rather have more songs than just titles switched around anyway.

We can say based on all this evidence that Tripoli is NOT Being Born.

Chromium Chords definately fite Being Born (contrary to what people say about that bit being 'Fez")

"burning rubber, burning chrome"

The description of Tripoli is MUCH more detailed than the lyrics of Being Born. Being Born is an abstract lyrical sketch about the journey. Tripoli seems to be about the process, the cop getting fed up, the journey itself, and his experiences actually seeming the fires of africa burning.

They are different songs in the HIWI trailer. I know songs change, but noone in the world would tell you that being Born is a progression of what we know of Tripoli.

The fact that both Tripoli and Chromium Chords appear on the same running sheet seals the deal.

Are people sure that title is "Chromium Chords"? The first word is started with a C, but the 2nd word doesn't look like it starts with a C at all, it's really scrunched together and hard to tell.

I have the book, and a magnifying glass... its chromium chords.

Bono's handwriting is shocking

We can say based on all this evidence that Tripoli is NOT Being Born.

Chromium Chords definately fite Being Born (contrary to what people say about that bit being 'Fez")

"burning rubber, burning chrome"

The description of Tripoli is MUCH more detailed than the lyrics of Being Born. Being Born is an abstract lyrical sketch about the journey. Tripoli seems to be about the process, the cop getting fed up, the journey itself, and his experiences actually seeming the fires of africa burning.

They are different songs in the HIWI trailer. I know songs change, but noone in the world would tell you that being Born is a progression of what we know of Tripoli.

The fact that both Tripoli and Chromium Chords appear on the same running sheet seals the deal.

You got a point, but what about the text mentioning Tripoli at u2.com in the album section?

It hasn't be told. Fez is one thing, Being Born is another.

true.

I don't even think Fez would have had a name at any point other than Fez. Fez is very 'working title', and also, its more an intro/snippet. Hardly something worthy of renaming and rejigging. It's more an afterthought to add to Being Born rather than a standalone song (although I wish it was!)

You got a point, but what about the text mentioning Tripoli at u2.com in the album section?

It's a direct quote from the Rolling Stone article... When Triploi was in. That interview was conducted in December. Surely they didn't rename the song AND remove any reference to Tripoli in a couple of days?

It's a direct quote from the Rolling Stone article... When Triploi was in. That interview was conducted in December. Surely they didn't rename the song AND remove any reference to Tripoli in a couple of days?

Yes, I remember that. u2.com should have changed that already! :doh:

By the way, the magazines also confounded us about Winter. The song is described the way White As Snow sound like (Q mag).
So Winter never was supposed to be on the Brothers film.

Mine's too hehehe.
If it's not big trouble, is there any chance of a better scan of the Breathe lyrics? I'm simply out of my mind about handwritten lyrics. Thanks!
PS: if you prefer sending it pvt: cldirani@gmail.com

I'm at work, and don't have a great scanner at home, but ill see if I can take some photos and post them on here later

Yes, I remember that. u2.com should have changed that already! :doh:

By the way, the magazines also confounded us about Winter. The song is described the way White As Snow sound like (Q mag).
So Winter never was supposed to be on the Brothers film.

yeah. The long and the short of it is, Tripoli is not Fez-Being Born

I'm at work, and don't have a great scanner at home, but ill see if I can take some photos and post them on here later

yeah. The long and the short of it is, Tripoli is not Fez-Being Born

Not to crap on the thread, but I seem to remember one of the reviews I read before the release (from one of the people who was a long time supporte of the band) that said that he was played a song called Tripoli that eventually turned into Being Born. Of course, I've also read an article that said Chromium Chords became Being Born. Maybe the confusion is stemming that Fez/Being Born are frequently spoken about as if they are one song and their names are often interchanged without explanation.

Back
Top Bottom