Most Exciting Part of The Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being Born is magic ... just when that kind of TUF atmosphere sets in and Bono is starting to scream, it fits so perfectly. Great song, I didn't expect it to be that amazing. :up:

There are a lot of exciting moments on the album.

:up:

All of the above with special props to MOS. :heart: Just fucking ALL of it.
I can't give up a moment of this album.
Truly, even Boots has it's place here. I love, love, love it.

I can honestly say I haven't felt this way since The Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby. Unforgetable Fire had somewhat the same effect and I thought then, it couldn't get better, but this album sends me somewhere and everywhere.
I will never forget this. :drool: Did I say I love it, k - There's nothing else I can say. :hyper:
I really love U2. :up:

WTF – Fez and Being Born are sorta like separate songs?

Man, I feel soooo sttooopid all of a sudden – it does make sense though now that I read these posts.

Probably not exciting, but I love the Let me in the sound sampling in Fez and I think that birds in the background should be on a lot more music from now on. :wink:

Love the open to Being Born (especially now that I conceive it as its own entity – stupid alert, stupid alert)

Love when Magnificent takes off as well.

Too many exciting parts to choose from – this is really growing on me, though I skip White As Snow a lot.

Cool thread!

Many exciting moments. I can honestly say there's not a weak song on the album. I can't wait to hear the crowd in unison singing the shoutouts on Unknown Caller. I think that'll be great.

I love this thread - so many wonderful moments...

For me the most exciting part has to be the opening to Magnificent, how it builds and builds before exploding into life... A truly spine tingling moment.

I also love the rolling drum intro into Breathe...

And of course the whole of Unknown Caller really gets me every time - especially when the whole song turns around from the intro when the first "Woahh" kicks in...

Every single song has at least one properly spine tingling moment. There's not many albums you can say that about...

All of the above with special props to MOS. :heart: Just fucking ALL of it.
I can't give up a moment of this album.
Truly, even Boots has it's place here. I love, love, love it.

I can honestly say I haven't felt this way since The Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby. Unforgetable Fire had somewhat the same effect and I thought then, it couldn't get better, but this album sends me somewhere and everywhere.
I will never forget this. :drool: Did I say I love it, k - There's nothing else I can say. :hyper:
I really love U2. :up:

I feel exactly the same :up

Magnificient makes me want to fly, seriously talking. This song is magic.:heart:

k...got some time on my hands at work, so here goes:

NLOTH:
1) just the opening when the guitar kicks in...great way to start an album!
2) whole second verse of NLOTH..."she said infinity is a great place to start..."
2) repeating whoooaa whooaa through the song.
3) Beat kicks back in after 3:00 mark, and Bono's following line "I'm a traffic cop..." one of the best on the album :drool::drool:

MAGNIFICENT:
1) The built up in the beginning
2) "Justified, til we die, you and I will magnify...the magnificent!"

MOMENT OF SURRENDER:
1) The chorus..one of their best
2) "Speeding on the subway through the stations of the cross" verse...gives me chills.

UNKNOWN CALLER:
1) the intro with the "sunshine" bit
2) Second Chorus..."Shout for Joy, if you get the chance.."
3) Organs and music that leads into Edge's brillaint solo :drool::drool:

CRAZY:
None :reject:

BOOTS:
1) "Let me in the Sound" bit...one of the highlights on the album for me. :up:

STAND UP COMEDY:
1) None really...

FEZ/BEING BORN:
1) When the beat really kicks at the beginning with Bono's whailing "ohhhh"...maybe the best moment :drool:
2) Basically all the lyrics...they are incredible to me and they are delivered vocally so well.

WHITE AS SNOW:
1) "one I knew there was a love divine"...great delivery...
2) The music as 2:10 to......."and the water it was icey, as it washed over me. And the moon shined upon me...." unbelievable.

BREATHE:
1) Opening drumroll w/ the cello
2) "Everyday I die again and again I'm reborn. Everyday I have to find the courage to WALK OUT INTO THE STREET!!! :applaud:
3) "I found grace inside a sound..I found grace, it's all I found...."

CEDARS OF LEBANON:
1) "This shitty world sometimes produces a rose..."
2) The chorus "return the call to home"
3) Larry's military style drumming and that sample of that guy yelling something? sounds awesome.

Still enjoy CRAZY and SUC a little, but they are my two least favorite.

No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, Fez.
Bono's raw singing in Magnificent
The feel of Cedars.
The intro to Magnificent: the best thing I've heard from U2 in the past 12 years (since Pop).
"My body's now a begging bowl/That's begging to get back, begging to get back/To my heart/To the rhythm of my soul/To the rhythm of my unconsciousness"
"Choose your enemies carefully 'cos they will define you/Make them interesting 'cos in some ways they will mind you"
The Passengers feel in some parts of the album.

top 10
1. "Walk out into the street" in Breathe (live on Letterman gave me the chills)
2. "Speeding on a subway through the stations of the cross" from MOS
3. the atmospheric scream/yells on FEZ-Being Born
4. "Every night I have the same dream, hatching some plot, scheming some scheme" from NLOTH
5. "Let me in the sound!" from Boots
6. final chorus on I'll Go Crazy
7. "You and I will magnify" from Magnificent
8. "to the rhythm that yearns" (the way Bono sings yearns is impeccable) from MOS
9. "I found grace inside the sound" from Breathe
10. "The DNA lotto may have left you smart but can you stand up?" from SUC

TOP 3 MOMENTS FOR ME:

3) The last 15 seconds of MOS, Edge's descending guitar and the final minor chord he plays.

2) The middle 8 on WAS - "And the moon shone abooooo-ooooo-ooovvve meeeee" Greatest Bono moment.

AND FOR #1) That split second where Bono's falsetto turns into Edge's slide guitar during the holy sounding solo in Magnificent.

k...got some time on my hands at work, so here goes:

NLOTH:
1) just the opening when the guitar kicks in...great way to start an album!
2) whole second verse of NLOTH..."she said infinity is a great place to start..."
2) repeating whoooaa whooaa through the song.
3) Beat kicks back in after 3:00 mark, and Bono's following line "I'm a traffic cop..." one of the best on the album :drool::drool:

MAGNIFICENT:
1) The built up in the beginning
2) "Justified, til we die, you and I will magnify...the magnificent!"

MOMENT OF SURRENDER:
1) The chorus..one of their best
2) "Speeding on the subway through the stations of the cross" verse...gives me chills.

UNKNOWN CALLER:
1) the intro with the "sunshine" bit
2) Second Chorus..."Shout for Joy, if you get the chance.."
3) Organs and music that leads into Edge's brillaint solo :drool::drool:

CRAZY:
None :reject:

BOOTS:
1) "Let me in the Sound" bit...one of the highlights on the album for me. :up:

STAND UP COMEDY:
1) None really...

FEZ/BEING BORN:
1) When the beat really kicks at the beginning with Bono's whailing "ohhhh"...maybe the best moment :drool:
2) Basically all the lyrics...they are incredible to me and they are delivered vocally so well.

WHITE AS SNOW:
1) "one I knew there was a love divine"...great delivery...
2) The music as 2:10 to......."and the water it was icey, as it washed over me. And the moon shined upon me...." unbelievable.

BREATHE:
1) Opening drumroll w/ the cello
2) "Everyday I die again and again I'm reborn. Everyday I have to find the courage to WALK OUT INTO THE STREET!!! :applaud:
3) "I found grace inside a sound..I found grace, it's all I found...."

CEDARS OF LEBANON:
1) "This shitty world sometimes produces a rose..."
2) The chorus "return the call to home"
3) Larry's military style drumming and that sample of that guy yelling something? sounds awesome.

Still enjoy CRAZY and SUC a little, but they are my two least favorite.

You got 'em all! :love:

- "Stop helping god across the road like a li'l ole lady" :rockon:

Imagine that live. :drool:

I'm still not a fan of the album, but it does contain some of the little, subtler touches that I've always loved about U2 songs. I think the most exciting moment is actually at 2:27 on the title track, when Edge's backing vocal breaks away from Bono's "oh-oh-oh" vocal melody. Sounds like Edge to me, anyway.

Ahem. Size of text is representative of force of vocal delivery.

I KNOW A GIRL
WHO'S LIKE DA SEA
AH WATCH 'ER CHANGIN'
EVERY DAAAY FER ME

oh yeah

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA-OOOOH

:hyper:

from GOYB to COL the album is pretty much perfect. but mostly i adore WHITE AS SNOW. bonos' singing at his best... yes yes yes WAS is very moving:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom