most emotional part of the album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get the feeling that Bono is singing to his mother in Magnificent, which makes it pretty emotional.

I'm pretty sure he's singing to God/Ali with that dual spiritual/romantic thing he likes to do. Especially since it's based on the Magnificat.

Wow, thanks for this thread! Thought I couldn't get more into this album, now i did.

Thx for the insight on UC...hadn't thought about the meaning. and its already my fav on the record with breathe.

my highlights:

-Born Again....already on a rampage but it kicks in even more when Bono starts his ohhhssss at 1:33 of the song.

-"i didn't notice the passers by, and they did not notice me...." :drool:

-the whole way UC starts off slow, and the "sunshine" part

-haunting chorus of UC.

-the whole ending of UC...organs and guitar solo - one of edge's most beautiful.

-"justified, til we die, you and i will magnify. the magnificient!" gives me chills :drool:

-the opening of Breathe, the drums and the cello playing.

-breathe: "every day I die again and again i'm reborn. everyday i have to find the courage....TO WALK OUT INTO THE STREET" runs into the chrous, which is my fav part of the whole record. :drool::drool:

-White as Snow: 2:10 to 2:50 ...."and the water, it was icy...as it washed over me. and the moon shines on me."

-RETURN THE CALL TO HOME.....haunting. with the drumming by Larry in the background.

many more too....shit, the whole thing.

-White as Snow: 2:10 to 2:50 ...."and the water, it was icy...as it washed over me. and the moon shines on me."

-RETURN THE CALL TO HOME.....haunting. with the drumming by Larry in the background.

These two deserve more love.:up:

That part of WAS is unbelievable; reminds me of Arcade Fire. But more soulful.

I get the feeling that Bono is singing to his mother in Magnificent, which makes it pretty emotional.

I got the feeling he was singing to/about his father again. Especially the line about giving back his voice. It could be about both, but I think we're on the right track here.

Back
Top Bottom