MOS Single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dodger

The Fly
Just a thought, but every U2 album since The Unforgettable Fire has had it's third song as a single (WOWOY, Desire, One, Numb, Mofo, Elevation, and SYCMIOYO) We have heard the rumors that Crazy Tonight and Magnificent are going to be the next 2 singles but do you think they would release a 7 minute song as a single? Just something I've been thinking about.

Well, remember, MOS is really Mercy... which is God's greatest gift to music since Christ Martin... so of course it will be released as a single, and it will go to number one in every country in the world including Zimbabwe and the Vatican City.

Very true, I must have lost my mind for a second?

It's okay... it happens to all of us on Interference. :wink:

I wouldn't be surprised if I start seeing a blue background behind my vision now, seeing how much time I spend here.

Each album since War actually except TUF. :nerd::wink:

I'm sure we'll see an edit. Just like the chopped up COBL single, except this one is bound to lose 2 minutes for sure. :doh: (it'll be like Streets all over again I bet... in terms of the time being shaved off.)

Well, remember, MOS is really Mercy... which is God's greatest gift to music since Christ Martin... so of course it will be released as a single, and it will go to number one in every country in the world including Zimbabwe and the Vatican City.

What? It's "Mercy"?! Are you pulling our collective leg? Or is this an inside joke.

Edit: Oh, wait. I thought you said "Magnificent". There's no way MOS is Mercy because it's so varied and different and largely composed in Fez.

What? It's "Mercy"?! Are you pulling our collective leg? Or is this an inside joke.

Edit: Oh, wait. I thought you said "Magnificent". There's no way MOS is Mercy because it's so varied and different and largely composed in Fez.

You, sir, epic fail. :wink:

Kind of doubt it.

Crazy tonight, from the clip and from the reviews, has next single written all over it. In fact, I have a hunch it has #1 single everywhere written on it, but thats just me. After that, we will get magnificent and maybe the title track or Stand up Comedy.

Mercy again? :hyper: Nooooooooooooo (Luke Sywalker)

Knowing that MOS seems to be described as the One/WOWY of this album, I predict that it must be released as the epic ballad-single of this album. Of course that they'll cut it around 5 minutes.

I hope U2 don't release Crazy Tonight as a single because, through the 30 second clip and the descriptions, it seems a too chichéd choice for a single. U2 should go this time for reliable but more adventured songs as singles (maybe Breathe, NLOTH 1...).

Why is that nearly every thread on here has to mention Coldplay or Chris Martin at some point. It's like a running joke now, as bit like "the edge is on fire" or the constant references to Mercy.

I am happy with the new album, not because it could be their 3rd masterpiece, not because it will be better than the previous 2 albums or that it is some massive departure, but simply because anything that sounds different to any of the bland trash put out by Coldplay is brilliant in my view. People on here and in the press insist on making comparisons between the 2 bands or referencing Coldplay in some way , so maybe this album will ensure they don't sound alike and will stop all this talk, because it's a load of crap.

Why is that nearly every thread on here has to mention Coldplay or Chris Martin at some point. It's like a running joke now, as bit like "the edge is on fire" or the constant references to Mercy.

I am happy with the new album, not because it could be their 3rd masterpiece, not because it will be better than the previous 2 albums or that it is some massive departure, but simply because anything that sounds different to any of the bland trash put out by Coldplay is brilliant in my view. People on here and in the press insist on making comparisons between the 2 bands or referencing Coldplay in some way , so maybe this album will ensure they don't sound alike and will stop all this talk, because it's a load of crap.

I feel like Coldplay is the loser band that a lot of U2 haters have been accusing U2 of being throughout their whole career. If anything good comes of them, maybe it will be to show those people that U2 were never what they accused them of being.

Oh, and wasn't Edge on fire when they recorded Mercy? ;)

I'm sure we'll see an edit. Just like the chopped up COBL single, except this one is bound to lose 2 minutes for sure. :doh: (it'll be like Streets all over again I bet... in terms of the time being shaved off.)

Don't forget the crappy edit of Please.

Back
Top Bottom