MOS is U2*s finest moment-bono said

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a feeling this song will transform and be something amazing in a live setting.

Yeah definitely... especially at the end of the song. My only complaint about this song is that it could have peaked a little stronger at the end, been a bit more abrasive and really exploded, and I think with live instruments and a live setting it will get there.

MOS is arguably their most powerful song in years, whilst Magnificent is my favourite from the album, MOS is just sublime.

Yeah definitely... especially at the end of the song. My only complaint about this song is that it could have peaked a little stronger at the end, been a bit more abrasive and really exploded, and I think with live instruments and a live setting it will get there.

I think given the length of MOS it makes sense for it to whimper out instead of exploding at the end. The drawn out middle section, with Edge's lovely slide guitar solo kind of sets the 'easy as you go' pace for the remainder of the song. There is almost no scope for an explosion at the end.

However I can imagine Edge finding something special at the end when they play it live. A bit like One which has that really striking guitar at the end when played live.

The song is like One in a lot of ways.

Back
Top Bottom