Mos and breathe are candidates for future singles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ludilobrate

Acrobat
Accordong to last rolling stone article its very likely that after magnificent breath amd mos will be next singles.I have read it at u2log.com and atu2.com. I hope this is the truth,cause both songs are amazing,both have anthemic feeling,and I DONT CARE IF THEY ARE RADIO FRIENDLY TUNES:)

MOS will possibly be the biggest flop in U2's career...awful single choice in my opinion

i think you'll be surprised. it's a song that's way out of the norm for U2. it's balsy in a way that it's not a feel good hit like the majority of the singles U2 has released this decade.

i really think this song will be big.

i think you'll be surprised. it's a song that's way out of the norm for U2. it's balsy in a way that it's not a feel good hit like the majority of the singles U2 has released this decade.
at the rate they're releasing these singles you'll have to wait till next decade though :wink:

MOS will possibly be the biggest flop in U2's career...awful single choice in my opinion

Agreed. It's WAY too long and 'boring' to be radio friendly or catchy. This one's going down silently. Perhaps it will be appreciated in 5 or 10 years, but for a single? Bad idea! And it will SURELY get cut.

And DAMN for CT not being released. :angry: I was looking forward to that single damnit!

MOS will be chopped like firewood, it wont be the song we all know and love.

:down:

i really think this song will be big.

The only way MOS will be played on the radio is if they give it a massive edit or play it at double speed, I should send U2 my 3 minute remix :wink:

Agreed.
MOS is one of those songs that I love, but will hate for it to be released as a single.
Does that make sense?

No Crazy tonight ?

MoS ? Wow, I was hoping for that one but I didn't really think a 7+minute song had a chance of being a single.

"very likely" = "candidates"?

U2 have already had a chance to play live versions of several songs from No Line on the Horizon, which came out on March 3rd -- their promotional blitz included an entire week on the David Letterman show, as well as a March 11th theater gig just outside of Boston. The band is also shooting a video for the album's second single, "Magnificent" -- among the candidates for future singles are "Breathe" and "Moment of Surrender."

Crazy tonight studio is an abomination. Live from Fordham was slightly better. If it makes it single I'll deny my love for U2 three times before dawn like Simon Peter with Jesus.

For those who were hoping for Crazy Tonight: You know it isn't IMPOSSIBLE that there will be 5 singles yet......

U2.com has a special singles box. FOUR singles fit in. :sigh:

I just hope that it's all a misunderstanding. Earlier we had reports of Magnificent, CT and Breathe being singles..

Well, Breathe yes, MOS no. Please not. I love the song, I don't want to hear it cut down to fit the radio. That's not radio friendly stuff. I'd rather hear Crazy Tonight. Not my favourite song, but a good single. Stand Up Comedy would be a good choice, IMO.

Good news.

Though it baffles me as to why Crazy Tonight was even on the album at all, I thought it might've been a demand from McGuinne$$ to have something with a bit more obvious commercial appeal, hence the exclusion of the gorgeous Winter and the reason why the Linear tracklisting wasn't the final tracklisting.

It might indeebe a 5th single, but 5th singles rarely matter much anyway...

A real shame, particularly with Bono's struggling vocal in the chorus on IGCIIDGCT...very frustrating.

Linear gets more and more preferable every day....

Well, thank God that Crazy Tonight won't be the 3rd single. Breathe is a great choice, and so is MOS, but I really hope they won't cut it down for the radio.

What about the title track as a release? Personally I think NLOTH is one of the strongest songs on the album. I would have had that as the opening single, followed by magnificent, boots and then breathe.

I like that MoS may be a single even though it's probably wouldn't do that great.

Breathe I just don't get. Probably my least favorite from the album.

MOS shouldn't be a single in my opinion, its probably too good to be played on radio, and shortening the song would just be :doh:. Breathe would be great, its not really radio-friendly but it could pack a punch.

U2.com has a special singles box. FOUR singles fit in. :sigh:

I just hope that it's all a misunderstanding. Earlier we had reports of Magnificent, CT and Breathe being singles..

Again; not IMPOSSIBLE that there could be 5 singles. There are reasons to expect only 4, but its not IMPOSSIBLE...

And I'm psyched. Breathe and MOS are the very BEST choices they could make!!!! :)

again, nowhere does it say this is definite or even very likely. it says are being considered or whatever. so they could be deciding between Breathe and MOS and already have crazy tonight ready to go, or who knows what.

MOS would be a massive hit - I don't know why but I'm certain of it. It has that With or Without You "something" which will capture people's imaginations, no matter how long it is. I've a feeling it'll be cut to about 5:30 which I believe is do-able without ruining the overall effect of the song... :reject:

I really hope they have the balls to do it. MOS would be a much better single than Breathe which is the only song on the record that has gone down in my estimation since the album was released. It's just so one dimensional compared to everything else.

Well I think its a great idea to release Breathe and MOS after Magnificent. Releasing your best songs from the album is essential. If this album is to have staying power in the charts, alongside the tour this is the best way of promoting it and letting people hear how great it actually is.

MOS is my favorite U2 song ever and it deserves to be a single, even though it couldn't be further from radio-friendly. Still, though, sometimes the biggest hits are the ones that record execs least expect. I'd release Breathe and I'll Go Crazy first, and then MOS, though.

Back
Top Bottom