More details on each track...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Reboot yourself, you're free to go
- Every generation get's a chance to change the world
I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight
Only love can leave such a mark
it's not if I believe in love but if love believes in me

Yeah, much better.

Yeah, much better.

Jesus you really have become so negative havent you?

I think you can hear the cockatoo line in the beach clip, followed by 'so why would i invite a stranger into my home, would you?'

Yeah, much better.

These ARE good lyrics.

Of couse, if you're cynical and always looking for something to complain, you'll always find something that isn't 100% amazing.

All these lyrics are fine, some sound really awsome, and I think it's wrong to judge lyrics without knowing the context and without having heard the song.

Yeah, much better.

I like all of the above except IGCIIDGCT. And I really don't like Bomb's lyrics.

"I got a submarine, you've got gasoline" is a great line btw.

"I'm running down the road like loose electricity while the band in my head plays a striptease"

Yeah, much better.

once again, how can you judge a lyric when it's not in the context of the entire song?

I like all of the above except IGCIIDGCT. And I really don't like Bomb's lyrics.

"I got a submarine, you've got gasoline" is a great line btw.

LOVE the gasoline/submarine line, it has so many potential meanings (sexual, political, military, etc.), it's much deeper than it looks.

I also think that Boots' lyrics are probably the best Bono has written in quite a long time (i.e. Pop) and some of the ones we have heard from the other songs seem really promising too (although not all of them).

We'll have to see with the whole songs of course but it does seem like Bono has found some of his teeth back in terms of lyrics. I agree with everyone who thinks the last two albums were quite weak lyrically (although they had some great moments/lines too).

Yes, you're right, these lyrics are really scary.

Bono should have taken some advice from Will.I.Am instead, some hip hop lyrics would have been way better and much more poetic and profound.

Yes, you're right, these lyrics are really scary.

Bono should have taken some advice from Will.I.Am instead, some hip hop lyrics would have been way better and much more poetic and profound.

Yeah, let's expect every lyric from one frequently badly represented but widespread genre to be exactly the same.

These ARE good lyrics.

Of couse, if you're cynical and always looking for something to complain, you'll always find something that isn't 100% amazing.

All these lyrics are fine, some sound really awsome, and I think it's wrong to judge lyrics without knowing the context and without having heard the song.

Isn't that human nature to always find something negative :)
Not only in U2 context but in general :)

"A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle"
"Babyface, babyface etc etc"

That's why I'm saying I'm a bit scared, not that they suck. I've heard these out-of-context, so I'm not going to judge them yet. My first impression is that they are Bomb lyrics trying to be AB lyrics, but, again, I'm not going to judge them yet.

Some of the MOS lyrics remind me more of JT.

I wouldn't mind if the lyrics didn't remind me of anything that U2 have done before, but would be new and fresh instead. What I like is the more ironic and self-ironic approach that some lyrics seem to have.

Some of the MOS lyrics remind me more of JT.

I wouldn't mind if the lyrics didn't remind me of anything that U2 have done before, but would be new and fresh instead. What I like is the more ironic and self-ironic approach that some lyrics seem to have.

I'll be thrilled it that pans out, like it did with Boots.

soul in its striptease from window in the skies..............band in my head plays a striptease.....bono rehashing lyrics again. :doh: seems as though bono has been visiting some adult places as of late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom