Moment Of Surrender - Single Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JUSTinPUSHPLAY

Acrobat
I think lots are in agreement with me that this is likely the strongest song on the album, and i think would be a huge single, it's only problem is it's length. but if anyone's curious, i've come up with a great little single edit that would easily get it on radio if the band followed suit, if anyone's interesting in hearing it, leave your email or messaage me at justinpushplay@gmail.com

a 7 and a half minute song into 4:30 - 5:00 single is no easy feat and i'd love to hear what you all think of it :)

Well,

veio91vzc@gmail.com

But I warn you, I think the album version of MoS is close to perfection, and its lenght is one of the reasons. So, there's a big chance I won't like it. Anyway, I'll try to analyze it from the radio point of view.

It's strong, yeah.

But it's on an album with NLOTH, Magnificent, Breathe, I'll Go Crazy... Stand up Comedy, other incredibly strong songs.

I hate to see songs I love chopped up. It's too bad people have such short attention spans these days. Can you imagine a band like Pink Floyd having singles on the radio today? It couldn't happen. If there's a instrumental section longer than 30 seconfds people will get bored and change the station.

It's ridiculous.

I hate to see songs I love chopped up. It's too bad people have such short attention spans these days. Can you imagine a band like Pink Floyd having singles on the radio today? It couldn't happen. If there's a instrumental section longer than 30 seconfds people will get bored and change the station.

It's ridiculous.

Ridiculous and depressing.

i agree but i'd also love nothing more than for the world to hear Moment Of Surrender on the radio and have it be a huge smash for the band. It really is an epic piece of music, and if a tweak here or there means that then i think it's worth it.

It's strong, yeah.

But it's on an album with NLOTH, Magnificent, Breathe, I'll Go Crazy... Stand up Comedy, other incredibly strong songs.

Yeah...

I've only just had my very first listen 20 minutes ago, but I have to say that I was somewhat underwhelmed by MOS. :reject: It's a great song, but I was blown away by NLOTH, Magnificent, and Fez. :shifty:k

EDIT-----okay, this puppy's growing on me on further listens. :D

This versions is like a two minute song. Original is like a 4-5 minutes. Doesn't need to be cut at all. I think radio will accept it the way it is couse it's simply outstanding. I don't think the band see things the way I do, so they will probably do something similar should they decide to release it as a single.

Hmmm... this is a really good job. As a final single this edit could work very well.

I, of course, prefer the long version, but from radio's point of view (even though this is NOT something I would expect radio to play imo.) this seems really nice.
Very good job indeed. :up::up:

cool idea but the song should stay unchanged...it is what it is and it's a masterpiece...screw radio play

This versions is like a two minute song. Original is like a 4-5 minutes. Doesn't need to be cut at all. I think radio will accept it the way it is couse it's simply outstanding. I don't think the band see things the way I do, so they will probably do something similar should they decide to release it as a single.

are we talking about the same song because i'm pretty sure MOS is much longer than 4-5 minutes

Back
Top Bottom