Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Good lord, this song is amazing. Seriously. It's just one of those tunes that manages to chew up your soul and spit it out... takes a lot out of me. Love itttttt....

Moment Of Surrender appreciation thread

Man, I cannot wait to hear this live, what a great song.

I love how Bono sings on the verses...it's tortured...disturbing in a way. Love how traditionally gospel the chorus sounds too.

I love how Bono sings on the verses...it's tortured...disturbing in a way. Love how traditionally gospel the chorus sounds too.
Yeah, and also... how the hell is this song over 7 minutes?! :ohmy: This song is so amazing it causes a rift in the space-time continuum :faint:

I know I am in the minority because I dont usually enjoy the slower ballads.. but I do like this song as well.

Damn I think I like them all. :lol:

The chorus reminds me of THE BAND. Anyone else get that?

Can you give us a song title to compare it to?

The chorus is really strong, great harmonies from Edge. Not sure how they'll pull it off live, since Bono overdubs his voice with a high and low key

This is truly one of U2's classics, from Bono's plaintive vocal to the searing nature of the lyric and the rest of the band's driving the song ahead, especially Edge, whose guitar-work impresses me greatly. Hymnal is a word that's been tossed around, and as non-religious as I am, I definitely agree.

I already can say this is a grower. It seemed so much better on second than on the first listen. Great tune.
It's so different and familiar at the same time. For a lack of better words, a fuckin awesome song.

The chorus is really strong, great harmonies from Edge. Not sure how they'll pull it off live, since Bono overdubs his voice with a high and low key

I dunno, maybe Tears of Rage...or The Weight. Just in a general sense, the whole communal chorus.

isn't this the one they recorded in basically one take? If so, we'll probably never hear it live, not without it being totally reworked. They probably have no idea what they did if they just sat down and DID IT, you know? Maybe that's what so special about it? :shrug:

still getting used to the chorus. it's very hymnal. it's growing on me though.

but holy shit, Bono's vocals are out of this world. I honestly think this is one of his best vocal takes, ever. Certainly of this decade. What has he done better than this lately?

This man is almost 50, people. He sounds as strong as he did in the 80's :drool:

First impression, It's reminding me a lot of your blue room and a dash of love is blindness. Great song.

Third listen
It gets better every time.

It's absolutely phenomenal, one of their best songs ever. O.M.G. Wow.

This is going to sound off-putting, but bear with me and check it on YouTube: the melody reminds me of the version of "When You Get To The Top of the Mountain" chorus of "American Prayer" that the American Idol contestants sang on TV a few years ago, with Bono's instructions.

Just an amazing, mind-blowing song. Keywords: gospel, chiming, sparkly, soaring, melodic, unique, ancient

I really loathe to do comparisons, but:

A. This song is amazing; and

B. This song, if "gospel" and "soul" is what they were going for, is what Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of should have been.

Ok, I'm done comparing now and on to just loving this song. :D

I think this is truly one of their best songs ever.

I can hardly describe what it is about it, but it feels like a song that they have been waiting forever to write. Not sure even what that means, it just felt when I was first listening to it that this is something that has always been written -- something they have been trying to say for a long time now. There was an incredible sense of completion almost, that this thought or feeling or what-have-you was finally made tangible and real.

Bless these guys. :heart:

I was worried this wouldn't live up tp all the hype, but it does and goes beyong, what a great song and to think most of this was done in one take, maybe they should have done all the songs in one take and not taken two years to make the album.

Back
Top Bottom