Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really would have liked to have been in studio when they played this one. Wow. There must have been some champagne bottles opened afterward. Yeah, wow.

I'd really like to hear a MOS/Bad live combo, although I don't know if I could stand 20 minutes of goose bumps.

I know I am in the minority because I dont usually enjoy the slower ballads.. but I do like this song as well.

Damn I think I like them all. :lol:

Seriously Sicy, I am tripping out on how much I LOVE each and every song. This rocks... who would've known 22 years later of U2 fandom, we would get this. Life is good!:yippie:

I'm really looking forward to this song live. I hope Bono plays the piano parts, that would be awesome! :rockon:

I like that "atm machine" lyric - It fits with the whole journey through the streets kinda trip :reject:

I agree. The whole song is :drool: , at first I was a tad disappointed because of all the hype, but damn it caught on with me during my second listen. So powerful, its so simple and is another example of the kinds of emotions only U2 can put into music and how I can't express in words what they're able to do with songs like this. :heart: This would make an incredible closer for the tour.

The second half of this song is simply stunningly beautiful. I'm trying to remember the last time U2 made music so beautiful...

The second half of this song is simply stunningly beautiful. I'm trying to remember the last time U2 made music so beautiful...

The whole song is just the best :love: I wonder if they will release it as a single? I think they should but cutting the song down to size for single release will be the hardest thing.

The whole song is just the best :love: I wonder if they will release it as a single? I think they should but cutting the song down to size for single release will be the hardest thing.

No, cutting this song is just wrong

and yeah the whole song is but it was on my second listen that I noticed the second half and the strings and Edge's guitar and it was just...perfect

U2 need more 7 and a half minute songs if this is what they make them like

No, cutting this song is just wrong

and yeah the whole song is but it was on my second listen that I noticed the second half and the strings and Edge's guitar and it was just...perfect

U2 need more 7 and a half minute songs if this is what they make them like

Yeah I agree...but I want every music fan to hear how good this song is and releasing it as a single will do that. See what happens I guess.

"I was speeding on the subway
Through the stations of the cross
Every eye looking every other way
Counting down ´til the pain would stop"

This is my favorite part of this song. The way they sing it is so intense.

I hope it's released as a single so that it wins a bunch of Grammys :drool:

Not that awards matter or anything, but if HTDAAB won 9 Grammys and is considered a "pretty good" U2 album by most hardcore fans, what will a mind-blowing NLOTH win? :wink:

I hope it's released as a single so that it wins a bunch of Grammys :drool:

Not that awards matter or anything, but if HTDAAB won 9 Grammys and is considered a "pretty good" U2 album by most hardcore fans, what will a mind-blowing NLOTH win? :wink:

The grammys don't work that way. A crap album can win twenty grammys but that doesn't mean a great one will win any.

In fact, great albums usually don't win that much... unless they sell a ton that is.

On my first listen I nearly shat myself while listening to this song. Oh man :drool:

It reminds me of Your Blue Room in a way. And anything that reminds me of Your Blue Room is awesome.

It's the only "blue" song on the album. I want more blue songs on the next album.This one has Eno written all over it. Eno could have been on vocals and would have fit perfectly on his last album (which is amazing). I'd love to see an album like what Eno did with Passengers, but with vocals on most songs.

Who am I kidding? If we got another Passengers I'd soil myself.

They are two completely different types of song, both great in their own rights...

I'm not sure why folks are comparing these two...

Only because its the first ballads of the albums (are we talking about One and MOS?).

And I like to compare things.

And finally I love a chance to say something is better than One. If I'm the only one :wink:

Yeah, and also... how the hell is this song over 7 minutes?! :ohmy: This song is so amazing it causes a rift in the space-time continuum :faint:

Yeah It feels like much less time, when it's done you go wow those 7 minutes went fast, And strangely the shorter sings on the album like GOYB feel like much more than 3 minutes or so.

Originally Posted by allcub
I like that "atm machine" lyric - It fits with the whole journey through the streets kinda trip - it's not the use of an ATM, but Automatic Teller Machine machine."

In fairness, I know in Dublin at least and I think all over Ireland, people say "ATM Machine" all the time, even though that's what the "M" is for. My dad says it, all my friends in Dublin and Kerry - I think it's an "irish thing" - even if it means Automatic Teller Machine Machine.

Back
Top Bottom