Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is one of those songs U2 was formed to make. Like when you hear an actor was "born to play that role" - this is U2's song. I love it. Definitely Top 10 material for the band...

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

And you're in the APPRECIATION thread because?:doh:

:hmm:

because i appreciate the music!

Seriously though, i listened to the song today and i do like it better than my initial listen last night. The music is good, and not to bitch, but Bono's voice on this song just throws me off a little bit. Not sure what is going on there...is this Bono or Joe Cocker? :ohmy:

Okay.....initial impressions aside i guess i like the song....count me in the majority i suppose.
:hug:

Thanks for this. I always love to find out the stories behind Bono's lyrics, and this is amazing imagery! Gives the song even greater depth.

One impression I'm getting more and more with this album is that it is probably their most unabashedly spiritual album since October, and certainly more mature and nuanced. :up:

This is my first post. I have been been listening to U2 since War. Holy Crap this song is good! I am really impressed.

I'm guessing Edge's solo in MOS? it starts at 5:00.

and no, I didn't know that off the top of my head. I checked. I checked UC first :wink:

lmao..!!

a moment of surrender, this moment will help me stay sane through '09 i'm sure

....hahaha..

been listening to that masterpiece of a silhouette on my surround system, 5:00 nearly broke my heart, easily one of EDGEs finest moments...

along with bonoS helpless cry at 1:17

its all about the numbers :drool:

i'm guessing edge's solo in mos? It starts at 5:00.

And no, i didn't know that off the top of my head. I checked. I checked uc first :wink:

very nicely done!!! I knew someone would understand:d

actually the solo starts earlier but this piece just breaks the heart free...

...and they did not notice me

lmao..!!

a moment of surrender, this moment will help me stay sane through '09 i'm sure

....hahaha..

been listening to that masterpiece of a silhouette on my surround system, 5:00 nearly broke my heart, easily one of EDGEs finest moments...

along with bonoS helpless cry at 1:17

its all about the numbers :drool:

:applaud:

Dammit, boy, you had us look at you cock-eyed!

Damn, I was hoping there'd be a prize if you could figure out what this thread was all about.

just playing with the fire...

i'm about to purchase a new toy, n' i'm looking forward to blasting this in my helmet headphones as i'm riding through the canyon here in Vancouver, BC..

i knew the boys would come through once again!!

Back
Top Bottom