Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The vocals are the most incredible I've heard in a long time by anyone. I think the chorus is very soulful, not cheesy at all. It has a ISHFWILF-feel during the chorus. Just amazing, the best song they've done since Stay, hands down.

not a big fan, but i love the way its delivered, thats what makes me listen to it, and theres no way that its actually 7min i dont even feel them

My iTouch is telling me that this is listen #20. 4 more than any other No Line... track. This is the new Bad. Move over Kite, you can't hog all the spotlight for this decade :drool:

I love this song! There were times when I was listening to it that I felt like I was having an out-of-body experience. That sounds incredibly cheesy, but I have no other way of describing it.

I was trying to decide earlier if MOS or Stand-Up Comedy is my favorite song on the album, and I've come to the conclusion that as funky and awesome as SUC is, MOS is what I listen to U2 for.

This song is growing on me like crazy.... I live in NYC and walking around it felt like another song about NYC or a city... it just felt like he was guiding me as I walked...

For people that don't like ATM MACHINE I think he did it so it would rhyme better, but also it's like cell phone, you can just say cell or atm, but it's not "wrong" to add it... it's not like he is out of touch, it's just probably there to make it go together better...

This song is instantly memorable, and soulful in a way I can't compare to any other U2 song. Just an incredible job by the whole ensemble, even Edge's low string guitar accents are perfectly fitting. Not overwhelming, just there enough to add gravity to Bono's blowtorch lyrics.

What an awesome song.

I love this song! There were times when I was listening to it that I felt like I was having an out-of-body experience. That sounds incredibly cheesy, but I have no other way of describing it.

I live in Chicago and just woke up at 3:30 in the morning from a night of driniking and listened to MOS. I hate to admit it but cried during it. I don't know why. I've cried before during a song but usually after a heartbreak or death in the family and I know what the song is about. (like peal jam's Black). But I have no idea what MOS is about and it just brings out emotions in me just like the first time I heard it 2 days ago. Powerful song. Maybe the alcohol made me more emotional.

Anyway it's definitely the best f***ing song I've heard from any band in 15 years or so. Possibly the best album I've ever heard on first listen. I've always loved U2 but the last 3 albums I enjoyed for the most part but this one puts them over the top.

For people that don't like ATM MACHINE I think he did it so it would rhyme better, but also it's like cell phone, you can just say cell or atm, but it's not "wrong" to add it... it's not like he is out of touch, it's just probably there to make it go together better...

I can picture a junkie going to the ATM machine and getting money for his/her next fix.

For people that don't like ATM MACHINE I think he did it so it would rhyme better, but also it's like cell phone, you can just say cell or atm, but it's not "wrong" to add it... it's not like he is out of touch, it's just probably there to make it go together better... .

I didn't realize that the issue with the ATM machine was that people thought It wasn't a commonly used term. Maybe its a generational thing. I'm close to bono's age and I still say ATM machine. :shrug:

I can't stop listening to this song. It has everything that I look for in music.

I heard it on the radio this morning on my way to the store. I pulled off the road. Can't remember when a song has had the effect this one does on me.

I can picture a junkie going to the ATM machine and getting money for his/her next fix.

I read an interview (several actually) yesterday and the reviewer thought it was a song about addiction. She didn't like the song however. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom