Missed error on White as Snow???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thesandbox

The Fly
As an audio engineer/mixer/producer I usually listen to albums from all perspectives and came across something I know happens often but usually gets found through thorough listening or audio detection plug-ins nowdays...
At 2:58/2:59 in White as Snow after the word all you can hear a digital pop/click on the left channel/side. Has anyone else noticed this??? It is on online versions as well leading me to believe it was missed even in the mastering phase which kind of surprised me for an album of this stature.

As an audio engineer/mixer/producer I usually listen to albums from all perspectives and came across something I know happens often but usually gets found through thorough listening or audio detection plug-ins nowdays...
At 2:58/2:59 in White as Snow after the word all you can hear a digital pop/click on the left channel/side. Has anyone else noticed this??? It is on online versions as well leading me to believe it was missed even in the mastering phase which kind of surprised me for an album of this stature.

sssshhhh... (whispers) please keep this under wraps. If the band finds out they'll want to re-record the whole record again.

Actually, U2 albums have quite a few small recording mistakes in them, if you listen close enough...

Especially Pop...

I don't mind the "recording mistakes"...they add to the realness of an album for me but in the digital age now this to me is more than a click track being heard, a broken string, a whoo! in the backround also heard in one of the other songs on this album...these subtleties I think can add to the character but a digital click does not and should have been caught. But it is nice to know and makes me feel better knowing even the big boys miss things like this. I have one album I did that I pulled my hair out over trying to find the cause of some of these due to an effect plug-in...crossfades etc.. Some can be taken out in mastering and are also usually detected in mastering software at the final stages. This is distracting and will have somebody kicking themselves everytime they hear it.

hmm....never heard it, and i won't listen for it, since i don't want to notice it all the time.

the way i look at it, if i haven't heard it already after a month, there's no point in trying to find it. :)

Actually, U2 albums have quite a few small recording mistakes in them, if you listen close enough...

Especially Pop...

Ever since I read on here about someone saying 'right' or something like that, at about 2:15 in 'Mofo' I now hear it every single time I listen to the song.

Yeah, I heard it. For a band that takes years to record a new album, it's kind of refreshing. It reminds me of the golden days of rock n' roll, when an artist would only be able to afford a week or so of studio time, and would go in, lay down the tracks, and that would be it, warts and all.

Have you listened to Crazy Tonight? That entire song is a mess from a technical standpoint.

Yes, there’s a ‘pop’ in White as Snow and several in Crazy Tonight. For whatever reason, I never notice them when listening on my iPod, but they are really, really clear and obvious off the CD in my car.

crazy tonight is an absolute mess.

This is what happens when a band starts jettisoning songs and re-recording others on the day the album has to go out the door :wink:

Hmmm, remind anyone of a certain '97 album? :hmm:

(and no, this isn't a veiled swipe at U2 or Pop or NLOTH -- just kinda funny, is all... as the Edge once said, "there is nothing that focuses the mind like a rapidly-approaching deadline" lol)

sssshhhh... (whispers) please keep this under wraps. If the band finds out they'll want to re-record the whole record again.

Hahaha, they probably already do want to!

The Edge is prolly working on it right now :shifty:

There used to be an entire page dedicated to glitches and voices in the background of U2 recordings. There are a lot on Unforgettable Fire (which makes sense) But yeah there used to be a list with playback times on that site EnjoyU2. I really miss that site :(

Back
Top Bottom