MERGED--> When will 'Window' leak? + Date of the new single leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey mate thats called clips from the electrical storm video! you can tell this because bono has short hair again not long like on these clips!

andyuk said:
hey mate thats called clips from the electrical storm video! you can tell this because bono has short hair again not long like on these clips!

Seeing as how the video was made by someone called "theedge89" and The_Edge89 just posted the link here......I think he/she knows that. :wink:

Well yeah, obviuosly it was my work.
and I did put an ":p" beside the link as a hint... ;)

And of course that's the beach clip not a studio version right?

So don't worry, hoefully there will be an official video for the song.
And I apologize if some people got angry with me for putting the link here, just tried to get the mood up on these boards.

When will 'Window' leak?

Not a fan of leaky windows or anything, but anyone think this will be leaked on BBC Radio 1 at some point soon ala 'Electrical Storm'? I wouldn't be surprised if Bono gve Jo Wiley a copy since they were in London at the time. Also, will it be released as a single? Anyone know? If so, I wonder if it would be released as a single before the album, or if it will be released after 'The Saints' single. Do bands ever release two singles at the same time? If it is released as a single before the Best Of album, we should be getting this song very soon.

I'm sure -

(a) it will be a single
(b) this is all not that far away, so I wouldn't be surprised if leak or otherwise we are hearing it in the next couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if The Saints is a single everywhere.

My guesses:

-Probably won't be leaked in the same way as ES. Didn't Bono give a copy to her because she was getting married..and then she leaked it on her own? I think I'd read somewhere that the rest of the band was pissed when it leaked.

-My guess for the timing of the new song as an official single release is that it'll probably be after Saints. It might even be after the album comes out, with Saints being the lead-in single, and then the new song being a sustaining single.

- But when will it be leaked? I dunno....I hope soon!

The name of the thread should be

' When will the window open '

I think in the next few weeks. I expect the song will be used to promote the album.

Not as long as Saint's is out there it won't. The Saints single won't be out until the end of the month...so don't expect to hear Window In The Sky until mid-November at best. Saints is getting a lot of airplay here in NorCal. :yes:

Utoo said:
My guesses:

-Probably won't be leaked in the same way as ES. Didn't Bono give a copy to her because she was getting married..and then she leaked it on her own? I think I'd read somewhere that the rest of the band was pissed when it leaked.

-My guess for the timing of the new song as an official single release is that it'll probably be after Saints. It might even be after the album comes out, with Saints being the lead-in single, and then the new song being a sustaining single.

- But when will it be leaked? I dunno....I hope soon!
Yes, that's right. Now I remember: Bono did give ES to Jo Whiley as a wedding gift of sorts. And she did leak it herself. I wouldn't be surprised if Bono had something to do with it though! U2 always somehow manage to have something get leaked "without them knowing about it". haha! It's really amazing. Every single album since Achtung Baby. They must have a horrible security team with a hidden talent for achieving free publicity. :wink:

Judging by the album title (SINGLES being the key word,) I think that yes, "Window" will be a single to get it up to 18 singles. And yeah, like Discotheque, Atomic Bomb, and Storm before it, this will be leaked.

BTW, hear Saints on the radio during my driver's ed car time yesterday. :drool:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
don't expect to hear Window In The Sky until mid-November at best.

The album (U2:18) is released on Sunday 19 November here in Australia (which, allowing for time differences is November 18 in the US) so 'Window' will definitely leak be before then.

IMHO we will see a release around 3 November which is just 3 weeks away!!

Michael Griffiths said:

U2 always somehow manage to have something get leaked "without them knowing about it". haha! It's really amazing. Every single album since Achtung Baby. They must have a horrible security team with a hidden talent for achieving free publicity. :wink:

I know---with all of these "stolen computers" and "lost discs," I think they occasionally "lose" things on purpose to create some hype...:wink:

there's a lot of hype and promotion for the Saints single, so i too think the Windows to the Ceiling (in the Sky, whatever, lol) will be after the Saints, if at all. there will probably be a video too, like ES had, since they're releasing videos of the singles all over again...

window will not be released as a single yet! they are releasing Saints as a single on Oct 30th so do you really think they will release another song 2 weeks later? i don't think so!

andyuk said:
window will not be released as a single yet! they are releasing Saints as a single on Oct 30th so do you really think they will release another song 2 weeks later? i don't think so!

The album is officially available with the 'Window' song included 3 weeks after Saints is released.

But as soon as the album is being distributed as a promo (usually 1-2 weeks prior to release date) the song will leak via the internet. That will be no later than the first week of November I reckon.

The actual release as a SINGLE will probably not be until February.

It's kind of bad for them to come out and step on Saints toes, especially that song being a charity track. We'll see.

powerhour24 said:
It's kind of bad for them to come out and step on Saints toes, especially that song being a charity track. We'll see.

I do think that U2 have an element of control about what gets leaked, and I'd be surprised if they "accidently" let the new song leak before Saints has run its course :)

I didn't mean stepping on it by leaking it, I meant when it is eventually a single, hopefully not until after Saints.

Back
Top Bottom