MERGED ----> U2 Now In France Working On Album + U2 move album sessions to France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*ahem* so where were we? ;)
Any news worth sharing with us, DOL?

Of course, if your friend doesn't feel like she/he wants to share the clip with us, I'm fine with that.
A description other than "very, very good" would be appreciated though. ;)

Last edited:
WOW DOL, just WOW. Let's make that 3 WOWs.

I really can't relate to someone not wanting to share a clip, I know if I heard something I'd want to share it with everyone else so I could have people to analyze it with and get :hyper: with. And so I could be famous on the Interlandz. But if your friend doesn't want to share it, I want a second-by-second running diary of your thoughts each and every time you listen to it so that I can vicariously experience the thing!

She hasn't uploaded it yet, and I'm not gonna beg and pressure, because she's still on holiday and is surely busy. But she has said what it sounded like:

Q: "how does the song sound? was it up beat or ballad-like?"
A: "Kind of a mixture. Biiiiig uplifting vocals, with a funkier section after the chorus to get the hips moving."

She hasn't uploaded it yet, and I'm not gonna beg and pressure, because she's still on holiday and is surely busy. But she has said what it sounded like:

A: "Kind of a mixture. Biiiiig uplifting vocals, with a funkier section after the chorus to get the hips moving."

how's the quality of the recording?

omg this sounds delicious..."biiiig uplifting vocals" :drool:

do you know how the quality is?

honestly though, what would she be giving away?

a mediocre recording of 3 minutes of a rehearsal of a semi finished song?....one song that might not even end up on the album, or if it did, be 1 out of 11 (guess) other songs on the album??....hmm...

and she isn't sharing it to the entire world :wink:

:hyper::drool:

U2One. I'm landing tommorow morning so might see you tommorow. :lol: :D

Will let you everyone know if i see anything. :D

:hyper::drool:

:wave:

Bonoishot (Jem) texted me earlier this evening, and she got to meet Bono and Edge outside of HQ earlier!! :hyper: I'm just thrilled for her!

I'm sure she'll be back soon to post her pictures and tell us details. :)

Not only do leaks increase excitement, for me they add some insight into the studio process. You get to hear what the in progress song sounds like and then we'll hear the final product. It was fun leading up to WITS to guess which beach clip it came from and then to hear how that clip had evolved. It doesn't give away/take away, it enhances.

So I don't think it's anything to feel guilty about. Someone SELLING a clip (or bootleg!) should feel guilty.

Why is the "moment" the whole point? What about the process?

(or what if like with some HTDAAB songs, the in-progress moment was better than the final?)

And even if it were the point, why do you care if others get to see the process? And why would the process ruin the moment? How would seeing a half-finished version of the Mona Lisa (or whatever you think is great art) detract from the value of the finished product?

(I argued above that it would add to it...now if you like surprises and you want to hear the song on the album, ignore leaks and go for it, but if I felt that way I know I'd still want to go back later, Salome style, and hear what led up to the album.)

Why is the "moment" the whole point? What about the process?

(or what if like with some HTDAAB songs, the in-progress moment was better than the final?)

And even if it were the point, why do you care if others get to see the process? And why would the process ruin the moment? How would seeing a half-finished version of the Mona Lisa (or whatever you think is great art) detract from the value of the finished product?

(I argued above that it would add to it...now if you like surprises and you want to hear the song on the album, ignore leaks and go for it, but if I felt that way I know I'd still want to go back later, Salome style, and hear what led up to the album.)

I believe music is designed to carry you out of your life and into a different, faraway place. If I generally know what may be coming...then I it won't happen. If I hear the process....expectations start arising and if the final product isn't what I wanted...then I won't appreciate the album.

Look at HutDab. People are constantly pointing fingers as why this or this song didn't make it on the album OR i.e. Native Son is better than Vertigo.

I don't give a shit. If I don't hear a previous version, then I have no expectation of what is coming. And when the time comes, and I hear this brand new material completely exotic to what I've ever heard, then I am taken to another place. It's like discovering U2 for the first time again. Each new album I listen to...it's indescribable.

Whatever you guys do...is your decision. I don't care. I know I won't be disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom