MERGED ----> U2 Now In France Working On Album + U2 move album sessions to France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes that would be a good idea - maybe lower some people's blood pressure around here. :crazy:

:yes: I agree, that would be great.
People need to calm down, it's probably going to be another windy clip with some riffs in between at the best thus increasing the anticipation even further which could result in disappointment when the album is released in a couple of months. :) I can't help but wonder if this will be the lead single, though seeing that 2 minutes of (probably) Vertigo was being blasted out around this time in 2004?

no. all because of you was the first clip that we received in 2004 and that was actually in July i believe or very late June.

Vertigo came with the beach clips, Miracle Drug and Love and Peace or Else as well.

Dammit, I keep checking this thread over and over. :mad: Why can't I be like all the ATYCLB and HTDAAB haters who don't give a shit about U2 anymore?

Dammit, I keep checking this thread over and over. :mad: Why can't I be like all the ATYCLB and HTDAAB haters who don't give a shit about U2 anymore?

Because you still believe u2 are one of the best bands around :)

no. all because of you was the first clip that we received in 2004 and that was actually in July i believe or very late June.

Vertigo came with the beach clips, Miracle Drug and Love and Peace or Else as well.

Oh, that's not what I meant at all.
In an article about the first single being finished, U2log reported this as well in June 2004:
Through the open studio windows fans could hear playback for a full two minutes of ?a song which had no vocals but was very upbeat and rocking in a similar vein to Beautiful Day/ Electrical Storm.

but they do give a shit, 'cause they keep posting here anyway. they want the clip to be posted so they can complain that it's not experimental enough :wink:

I'm with you though. I wish I was out doing something so I wouldn't feel so lame continually checking this thread. Lazy Sunday indeed...

Because you still believe u2 are one of the best bands around :)

Indeed I do. And I believe this record will surprise some people. Perhaps not in a vacuum, but in the context of U2's current work it could come as a shock. I also anticipate lesser sales because there probably won't be another Vertigo or Beautiful Day here...I don't think they could pull a hat trick like that, and I don't believe they intend to.

Furthermore, I expect this album will be more similar to its hype than HTDAAB was. They have held a consistent, linear vision for this record since the Morocco sessions, and I think they bring this to completion to the best of their ability. With HTDAAB, the punk rock from Venus tag would have been accurate if not for the change of producers, and since they've held consistent in that department this time, we can all expect the hand-played electronic Moroccan trance-metal they're going on about. Or something.

Will the album be a masterpiece? Who knows. There aren't very many of those being made these days, but if anyone is up to the task, it's U2. All I know is that this record will be the soundtrack to the next 3-4 years of my life, and I'm OK with that. Let's hope that this record satisfies.

Change in '08 indeed.

Last edited:
my quote doesn't look right. Your're doing it wrong. or what? :slant:

Take the semicolon and make it into one of these: ]

Thanks, BTW. :giggle: Wasn't going for profound there, but I know there are many here who feel the same way. U2's fanbase is often on the same general wavelength, though we may argue over petty things here and there.

i think the new forum should have an instant messenger bulletin which you can sign up for that sends you alerts when new hq/beach clips are up

Yeah, I guess I will make a new thread when I get the clip.

But until I get it, I think I'll just steer clear of this thread. You people are making me nervous :uhoh:

Any more delays and i think the rowdy folk in the thread just may lynch you. :lol:

But until I get it, I think I'll just steer clear of this thread. You people are making me nervous :uhoh:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I've been gone for like 19 hours and still nothing :scream:

I was looking forward to coming home but now....it's all for nothing.... :banghead:

:lol: I've been reading this thread for the past few days, and I was just thinking to myself that I bet you regret saying anything to begin with.

(meaning, that if you could do it over again, you'd probably wait till you had the actual clip before revealing it.)

Thanks, BTW. :giggle: Wasn't going for profound there, but I know there are many here who feel the same way. U2's fanbase is often on the same general wavelength, though we may argue over petty things here and there.

Still, it's refreshing to read posts like yours. So many people around here have adopted that facade of critical cynicism (because that's how the hipsters react to everything these days, y'know) that it's really nice to read someone essentially say "I'm excited, I expect it'll be great, and I'll love it." :)

Indeed I do. And I believe this record will surprise some people. Perhaps not in a vacuum, but in the context of U2's current work it could come as a shock. I also anticipate lesser sales because there probably won't be another Vertigo or Beautiful Day here...I don't think they could pull a hat trick like that, and I don't believe they intend to.

Furthermore, I expect this album will be more similar to its hype than HTDAAB was. They have held a consistent, linear vision for this record since the Morocco sessions, and I think they bring this to completion to the best of their ability. With HTDAAB, the punk rock from Venus tag would have been accurate if not for the change of producers, and since they've held consistent in that department this time, we can all expect the hand-played electronic Moroccan trance-metal they're going on about. Or something.

Will the album be a masterpiece? Who knows. There aren't very many of those being made these days, but if anyone is up to the task, it's U2. All I know is that this record will be the soundtrack to the next 3-4 years of my life, and I'm OK with that. Let's hope that this record satisfies.

Change in '08 indeed.

Bravo chap, bravo

I too look forward to the next record, and I'm sure I'll love it. U2 has never disappointed me. I don't love HTDAAB nearly as much as I did when it first came out, but I still think it's a very good album. I expect this album to be even better, and I do think it'll surprise people. U2 are at the top of the world now; time to shake things up.

all of us... in this thread

y1pF4WUf4bs7AB9maUJUtRuFd2DvO4YtV0Vq8RGrFoAJScIe95N89gQw1b7-ckFtcHfb3L8BebInNs

Bravo chap, bravo

I too look forward to the next record, and I'm sure I'll love it. U2 has never disappointed me.

Well, I'd say: U2 + Eno/Lanois have never disappointed me. Not that the other records are bad or anything, it just seems like their work is what appeals to me the most.
This is going to be a great record, no doubt. It might take some getting used to if it's really groundbreaking and all but we will see about that come November.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I've been gone for like 19 hours and still nothing :scream:

I was looking forward to coming home but now....it's all for nothing.... :banghead:

Easy there, Rob. :)
I do understand you of course in a way since you weren't around here in 2004 right? :)

Well, I'd say: U2 + Eno/Lanois have never disappointed me. Not that the other records are bad or anything, it just seems like their work is what appeals to me the most.
This is going to be a great record, no doubt. It might take some getting used to if it's really groundbreaking and all but we will see about that come November.

I agree :up:

Easy there, Rob. :)
I do understand you of course in a way since you weren't around here in 2004 right? :)

correct! :) I'm very excited about everything :D

Back
Top Bottom