MERGED ---> So how is it? + Now that it has soaked in, what's your review of Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a clean version of the song (without radiohead) please could you send it over? I would love you till the end of time and PS : if you want ill give you an invite to Gmail which has something like 2.7 GB of mail storage space.

my e-mail:

elco1980@gmail.com

thankx a million!

everyone on page 17 be patient i'm going to get the clear version to all of you very soon

im sending them out as fast as gmail will let me

Peterrrrr said:
A realy good song, one of the most happy songs they done. The only thing I miss is real high notes by Bono, his vocal performences on this song isnt the best one. He should use his voice more. But overall it is a very goods song. But it dosent beat Vertigo,SYCMIOYO,Yahweh,OOTS and COBL.

Are you serious? You can't just listen to how high notes he sings. That is not a good measure on the vocal performance. Sometimes it's just better to hold back. But in this song, though, his voice is very clear and really good in my opinion. Actually his voice is just getting better and better, and he sings better than during ZooTV, I think. His voice is very strong also. Take another listen. ;) Enjoy!

I also like Edges guitar in this song. And also Larrys drumming ("Larry can only play in 4/4" blah).

I really needed this song. I was a little dissapointed in the collaboration with Blige and the release of the Greatest Hits. But this gave me the love for the band back. It wasn't gone, it was only hiding for some months. ;)

:dancing:

no problem man.

if anyone else is up at this hour and needs the song don't be afraid to ask :wink:

i got lots of school work so i'll be up all night until i leave for school around 7:50 eastern time.

I'm absolutely in love with the last minute and half of this tune. The whole song is great, but listening to the beach clips so much makes the first half not as exciting. I think the end with B singing the "window in the sky" part over the chorus is incredible. Definitely eternal to my ears.

AchtungZooropa said:
everyone on page 17 be patient i'm going to get the clear version to all of you very soon

im sending them out as fast as gmail will let me

what do you mean by 'clear version'? Without Radiohead or is there another version floating around :sigh:

they completely lost their creativity. they act like drunken cooks (chefs) and put in the pot a bit of everything. than they stir it up and ready is the mash...fastfood... i must vomit :madspit:

jacobus said:
they completely lost their creativity. they act like drunken cooks (chefs) and put in the pot a bit of everything. than they stir it up and ready is the mash...fastfood... i must vomit :madspit:

Best.Post.Evar

Well after hearing the cruddy version on KROQ this morning, and then going to work for 15 hours, I was very anxious to hear a clean version of this song. Now that I have, I can honestly say this will likely be my favorite U2 song since Beautiful Day. The beginning of Windows is fantastic, but the last minute or so is still my favorite. The song simply flows. None of it sounds forced. I can remember when we first heard the beach clips everyone was worried about the wierd comment at the end of 400 "We are Arcade Fire." Some thought this song was too unique to be U2. Well, it IS U2, and they continue to amaze me.

another eunuch song. i am so sad and angry wtf is this crap? ...lalalalaalala ooooh can't you seeeeeeeee blablabla
too much jinglebells too much falsetto too much OOTS too much TST too much the same again. omg one of their worst songs ever.

totally AMU :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom